Anesthesiologist Goes To Lunch During Surgery - Patient Dies

Discussion in 'Politics' started by pspr, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Yeah my quick search says the same.Still not bad considering the nurse doesn't have to go to medical school

I remember reading an article where doctors were bitching because nurses could be anesthesiologist without racking up med school debt and the hard work of making through medical school

#21     Sep 7, 2012
  2. Lucrum

Lucrum

Apparently CRNA's do very well. For those smart enough to complete the program.

#22     Sep 7, 2012
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

I can believe that. Med school costs way more than it should. If someone less "qualified" can do more or less the same thing for less money at some point patients and hospitals will choose the less expensive option.

A somewhat similar situation sometimes exists for pilots. Where young very inexperienced guys will practically prostitute themselves for slave wages rather than "pay their dues" and build flight time the way everyone else used to do.
    Sometimes the people writing the checks are all too happy to take a chance on someone less qualified to save a few bucks. It's not their life at risk anyway. This is particularly prevalent in the commuter airlines. They have large enough fleets they can bully the insurance companies into approving pilots our insurance company would laugh at.

#23     Sep 7, 2012
  4. Twelve (12) years to be an anesthesiologist.

Four years undergrad + four years medical school + four years anesthesiology residency program.

#24     Sep 7, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Yes.

(The person in question already claims to have an undergrad degree so I left that out.)

#25     Sep 7, 2012
  6. I had a former colleague go back to school for that, he makes very good money at the local hospital.

Also when I was doing my next to last internship, the facility paid for our housing. The other 3 guys there were in that program ,I suppose doing their internship at the hospital as well.

I can tell you there was a shitload of serious studying going on into the wee hours of the night.

My personal saying is : "You don't pay a Doctor for what he does, you pay him for what he's been through".

#26     Sep 7, 2012