Anekdoten: An ET Mentor

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duref,

Sorry I missed that.

I don't think about the so called big boys or the other traders or the pit or GS, ML, etc.

Basically, I look at the chart, think of the market as a complex video game and everyday I hope for the best and try to beat the high score.

No really, that's the approach I take, the fundamentals do not matter to me.

Anek

#51     Sep 12, 2007
  2. That's a tough one, definitely don't quit your day job unless you are 100% certain you have an edge.

This takes a LOT of screen time, from what I can tell, you lack that.

On top of that, you lack cash trading experience, and that's another imperative requirement for the psych.

Can you trade from work ? If not, it looks like swing trading is the way to go for you.

Anek

#52     Sep 12, 2007
  3. Duref,

Taking some time off for a home project, between trading and wife breaking my balls I finally decided to start it.

Should be a few days :)

Thanks,
    Anek

#53     Sep 12, 2007
  4. "think of the market as a complex video game"

I like that! Perhaps we can explore it further later.

Thanks for your participation in the thread! Obviously many people on ET were interested in learning more about you. Have a great week.

And thanks to readers for so many good questions and for your courtesy.

#54     Sep 13, 2007
  5. GaryN

GaryN

Next you should interview the latest trading phenomonen, Bullz and Bear. I have a feeling he would be willing. Seriously, these interviews are interesting. Keep it up.

#55     Sep 13, 2007
  6. Thank you for the kind words, GaryN. A megalomaniac needs only a little positive feedback to fantasize that the whole world loves him.

Not sure which "Bullz and Bear" you refer to (get your shit straight!). If it is Bullz n Bears you mean, no thanks. I don't need two assholes in my threads.

You would think that ETer's would leap at the opportunity to be interviewed, but no, my rejections run two-to-one.

But I think I have a controversial interviewee lined up for you next. We'll see if he assepts.

#56     Sep 13, 2007
  7. LOL - this is way more detail than i want or need on that particular question...

Keep up the great work Anek - you're journal is the cat's arse. Thank you for shining the light.

cheers
    zero

#57     Sep 13, 2007
  8. Breaking news! An ET poster who generates lots of discussion has agreed to an interview starting after the close Friday. I have high hopes that it will be interesting and informative, possibly controversial.

I am receiving interview suggestions by PM. Please in future send them to my privates secretary, Hypostomus. He handles all my correspondence and cuts my lawn in exchange for trading therapy.

#58     Sep 13, 2007
  9. Thanks Duref you make a good interviewer.

Anek

#59     Sep 13, 2007
  10. You are, as always, gracious.

I have only two questions left, both Proustian, so please check in when your Honey-Do's are done.

#60     Sep 13, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.