Anekdoten: An ET Mentor

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Duref Mudgins, Sep 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sure.

thanks for the cogent explanation.

surf:)

#21     Sep 12, 2007
  2. I'll repeat my question, in case it got lost in the flow of excellent comments:

Can you say if you favor market orders or limit orders, and why?

#22     Sep 12, 2007
  3. It's just a a speed vs slippage decision.

Depends on the play you know.

For the sake of argument, use limit for entries and market for emergency stops.

Anek

#23     Sep 12, 2007
  4. You are welcome.

Anek

#24     Sep 12, 2007
  5. JSSPMK

JSSPMK

Anekdoten is a neet username :)

#25     Sep 12, 2007
  6. Thanks, Anek. It is clear that you are a highly flexible trader and will trade a wide variety of conditions, so let's get off that.

Can you tell us if you are self-taught as a trader, or were you mentored? And if mentored, is your current style strongly influenced by your mentor's style?

#26     Sep 12, 2007
  7. 2006

If I remember correctly neet seemed like an ass -- this guy anek is more of a nice guy :D :D

Anyway for what its worth -- his style is almost identical to mine -- which means he must be pretty good.

#27     Sep 12, 2007
  8. Count me in.

#28     Sep 12, 2007
  9. If I wanted to hide my previous identity all I had to do was choose a new name that could not be linked like so many in here do and be done with it.

Instead I decided to learn from my mistakes and restart with the name I'm known around trading circles and pay forward what I've learned.

ET can be harsh on it's users, just like trading, it takes time to get it right.

Best way to handle the ET fire is to avoid it otherwise it can make you mad.

Anek

#29     Sep 12, 2007
  10. Duref,

Can't give credit to anyone but hard work and perseverance.

Gurus, mentorships, in my humble opinion all a waste of time, screen time and experience, something you won't be able to find in a week's time.

Anek

#30     Sep 12, 2007
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.