Andy's Spread Trading Journal

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Jordan_Andy, Nov 19, 2004.

1. Dear Trader,

My name is Andy, and I am a trader from Germany living in the Caribbean. Many people already know me through my day trading journal, “Andy’s Day Trading Journal.” Because day trading is not the only way for a trader to make money, I want to show you the “art” of spread trading. To me it’s the best way to trade, and maybe I can convince you to have a closer look at the spreads.

Because spread trading is not as precise as trading in the outright futures, I will use the close price of the spreads on my “hypothetical” trades. I personally enter the spreads only on the close and exit on the close. I use a limit spread order for my targets.

I will trade a “hypothetical” $20,000 account and assume a commission per round turn of $50. I will post the trades the same day after the close. Maximum risk per trade will be 8% of the trading account.

I will start posting my trades early next year.

Happy trading,

Andy

2. H2O

H2O

Looking forward !!!!!
    Why do you start next year ?

3. I will go on vacation around the 15th of December.

Andy

4. If you are living in the Caribbean, why do you need to go on vacation then ??!!:p

5. Eldredge

Eldredge

I have enjoyed reading your other journal. What spreads do you trade? Thanks

6. Good question Nick...you are right :D

Eldredge: Mainly spreads in the grains, soys and the meats. Sometimes energies and softs but I personally prefer the Chicago markets.

I hope you will like this journal as well. It will keep you less busy with reading it put hopefully a lot of $$$. We will see.

Regards,

Andy

7. H2O

H2O

Andy, since you're trading pit traded contracts,

- Who do you use as broker ?
    - Why don't you trade the electronic contracts ? (There are a lot of spreads that can be traded electronic)

8. spieler

spieler

I am french living in the caribbean and spread trading as well on electonic futures :)
    Were are you in the Caribean?

9. Neodude

Neodude

Hey spieler, Jordan_Andy,

I'm going to be visiting St.Martin's in a few weeks, care to join me for some beers? :D

-Neo

10. spieler

spieler

will be a pleasure :)

#10     Nov 29, 2004