Android vs Iphone

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fogut, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Sounds very risky...but hey, to each his own

If one has a plan, which it would be pretty evident that one would have to, couldn't the orders be placed before stepping away from the computer?

Surely no one just looks down at the phone at just the right time and says...well, now that's a good price, I guess I'll buy it here.

If you get quotes with alerts, it would still be much more reliable to enter the orders before leaving the computer. However, the problem with this is...the TRADER might feel as though he isn't in control...which maybe he hasn't realized it yet, but he can only control where he buys and sells, THAT'S it all else is up to the markets.

That's all I'm saying...

#51     Aug 5, 2011
  2. So you're stating that there is no utility in having mobile quotes.

#52     Aug 5, 2011
  3. Not for me, I guess someone could use them. It's typically (like 99.9%) of the time, only going to create EMOTION for the user / trader. Not something I really want to invite into my trading.

I have a quote app on my phone, but looking at it is pretty much useless. I have a 100% totally automated system, everything from logging in to executing trades. If I look at the quotes, I might get emotional. I have already entered my rules and back-tested for YEARS, so it's either going to work or it isn't. Watching the quotes every minute isn't going to help at all.

So many people try to predict what's happening or going to happen and that's just totally going about it the wrong way. I don't even care what the market does, AT ALL. I can't control it, so why bother?

Caring about what the market does, that just brings in MORE EMOTION.

#53     Aug 5, 2011

4. Why ?

#54     Aug 5, 2011
  5. Here we go again, more fans trying to tell us how GREAT the iphone is. So FAR BEHIND, I don't think they can catch up.

It's like a cult, these people really believe everything jobs tells them. I guess they also believed that he was impotent when that was his story in the 70's saying that his daughter wasn't really his.

#55     Aug 5, 2011
  6. Android is the best bar none.

#56     Aug 5, 2011
  7. 3D moovees!1 omfg! that's so pimp!

The OP was asking what is better for trading. Your BS metatrader automation aside... can we stay on topic?

#57     Aug 5, 2011
  8. LOL, too funny.

I developed it from scratch.

Sorry, try again.

#58     Aug 5, 2011
  9. you are ranting about manual intervention in an ats. we are comparing different phones for regular/discretionary trading, and the topic of this thread under hardware...

so take the soapbox and GFO, you are not even in the right stadium.

#59     Aug 5, 2011
  10. I was answering the following statement...

"So you're stating that there is no utility in having mobile quotes."

Therefore, I was in the right stadium...

#60     Aug 5, 2011