Android vs Iphone

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fogut, Jul 30, 2011.

1. android is faster feels more streamlined and efficient since I am used to google and chrome. iphone feels like a toy and fashion accessory. Apples and oranges really. i would never drive a pink convertible

#11     Aug 1, 2011
  2. LOL

Who said apple's stuff is original?

So far behind the curve, just like the 80's with the PC, they will eventually lose this battle as well.

Let's see, apple is known for developing toys and gadgets, while GOOGLE is developing CARS that drive themselves. It's pretty clear to see who is the TECHNOLOGY LEADER.

#12     Aug 1, 2011
  3. I would suggest those guys first use some apple products before saying anything about them.

All apple products are based on FreeBSD an open source, extremely powerfull unix compliant linux version.

#13     Aug 1, 2011
  4. except I wouldn't exactly call samsung a copy of apple. it's the biggest parts maker for all apple products. Samsung will probably introduce newer models much earlier than apple for this reason.....at least from now on. S2 came out in asia this april and it just took over. iphone5 just finished its design......and its spec can't beat S2(except for screen resolutions maybe). but apple junkies will disregard everything and buy iPhone 5 just because it's apple.....the last American pride. lol.

#14     Aug 1, 2011
  5. SO TRUE!

In regards to others using apple products, it actually should be the other way around. When they get their head out of the sand and see what's on the other side, very, very few go back to apple.

I had an employee recently switch from the iphone which she had used their products for years and is now SO PLEASED she walked away. Loves everything about the Android phones.

#15     Aug 1, 2011
  6. i dont know i like the idea of a faster phone that has more power. but at what expence?

im not really used to non apple phones but i see my bro always fiddling around with his htc. true he can do great things with it (sometimes taking forever to set up)

but the iphone is more fail safe it seems to me at least.

maybe not as customizable and all.. but whats there works.

#16     Aug 1, 2011
  7. LeeD

LeeD

That's the key point! So far iPhone has been dominating and it has so much more apps than Android.

However, by the end of the year Android will probably beat iPhone by the number of units sold. The difference will be even greater in actual users because many iPhone users have upgraded more than once and are therefore counted in statistics as using 3-4 iPhones.

#17     Aug 1, 2011
  8. you really can't go wrong with either one of them. it just comes down to this......are you an apple junkie or not?

#18     Aug 1, 2011
  9. fogut

fogut

Just to be clear, I am asking which one is better in terms of trading only. I am not concerned about other features that is not related to trading.

#19     Aug 2, 2011
  10. Yeah, android will be bigger because it's free, how's that for a business model. Great job. Bah, how stupid.

I hope people understand how the phones would still look if Apple didn't think about it to make something great that really works. Before every smartphone had a stylus and a keyboard. Apple came without one and everybody laughed. Now go in a store and look how the smartphones look, they all look like copy cats.

When apple made the ipad everybody laughed with it: hey it's an iphone who isn't possible to make calls

yeah right, it was a bloody game changer, look how many units sold, so many happy customers and what is it now, 150 copy tablets ?

You got to give credit to apple to really make something that works and what people want and like, the result are the sales numbers, saying that it's because users are stupid is bullshit, people buy because they like it.

Remember when everybody made the ipod killer? Yeah right, no one succeeded to make a product where you don't have to read the manual, except Apple did.

The others are just running behind and COPYING. Simple as that.

I'm a tech savy person, I program in Assembler and C/C++ and J2EE etc. I like Apple products, they are extremely powerfull and configurable with the underlying FreeBSD (that is the Mac OSX) and it works great, it's stable and my life is much more productive with Apple products. People who are against apple are doing that because they don't know apple products. There are plenty of people moving from windows to apple, there are only a minority leaving apple back to windows. Think about that.

#20     Aug 2, 2011