Andrew Yang has a really good idea for government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Apr 18, 2019.

1. Max E.

Max E.

Never thought the assholes in government were worthy of a pay raise, but Andrew Yang has put forth a solid idea.

How about giving the president 5 million bucks a year, but ban them.from lobbying for life.

You could take the same concept and apply it to members of Congress as well. If you had a high wage like that you would attract a ton more talented people, and its something that would only cost the U.S. a billion dollars a year at a time when we are running trillion dollar deficits....

Frankly as it stands, the only people who want to run for Congress are insane narcissists..... but if 6ou paid these people enough it would attract a pool of legitimate talent.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
  2. Max E.

Max E.

I guess there is an obvious flipside to this argument.... government employees already get paid a ton when you factor in time off and retirement.... but they are still useless. :D

3. I have a better idea. Pay them nothing. Give them room and board. All candidates get X number of advertising hours and not a second more. Term limits for all. The they can go back to their career. Oh, and no lobbying after exiting office. The we'll see how many of these "patriots" are truly public servants.
    And please, save the argument about attracting the best and brightest. Right now the best and brightest don't go anywhere near politics and it has nothing to do with money. The best and brightest already have all the f'n money they need, and the slugs show up for their do nothing career feeding at the government trough.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2019
    Tsing Tao, kingjelly, Cuddles and 2 others like this.
  4. Max E.

Max E.

Lol, Hell yeah!!!

I agree with the sentiment, and I have fought my whole life to make sure these cock suckers get paid less...

But its.a curious thought where paying them more might actually be beneficial.

5. We should require them to be imprisoned for five or six years after they leave office, you know like they do with mayors in Chicago and governors in Illinois. That way you can tell who really wants it.

CaptainObvious and Max E. like this.
  6. Max E.

Max E.

:D

7. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Should be like jury duty. Random selections determine who goes to congress for the next 4 years. Can't lobby or be lobbied. Have basic government housing. Guaranteed to get your job back in 4 years after your service is ended. Can't serve twice. Must vote your constituency's direction. Low salary, but benefits paid. Make it something people groan when they receive in the mail.

Max E., _eug_ and CaptainObvious like this.
  8. Max E.

Max E.

Again I agree with you, and agree with the overall sentiment.....

But given the fact that government has proven itself to be hopelessly inept, I'm wondering if there is a solution to fix the problem..... paying these losers to polish a turd might be the only answer

9. I am thinking that Americans need to adopt Canadian policies to get away from all this corruption we are having.

:cool:

10. Max E.

Max E.

As long as you Yankees dont adopt Medicare for all, it should be good..... I am literally travelling to.mexico for surgery because it is impossible to get it done in Canada, even if you pay....

#10     Apr 18, 2019