Andrew Sullivan: How Obama Set a Contraception Trap for the Right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Well, at least you spelled 'herd' correctly, thanks for that.

And, yes, I guess those who wish to thin the herd by either converting the other side or simply blowing them up, is that fundamental cause of all wars. Our way or the highway. Not sure that type of thinking will prevail, unless, as you say, the 'right' side has the might. I would hope the 'right' side would be the U.S. - not just a portion of it's inhabitants.

c

#21     Feb 15, 2012
  2. Nice. If you don't mind me asking, how much for a weekly rental there? I plan to go visit some friends in the area.

c

#22     Feb 15, 2012
  3. i thought it was reasonable. 1000 a week plus tax for a 2500 sq ft house right on the water. i looked up the house info on zillow and that house sold for 900k in 2006. it had a heated pool a covered lani and a boat dock.

#23     Feb 15, 2012
  4. Hopefully , at least some of the candidate will realize that vast majority of people wants and will use contraceptives and are " pro choice", not a "pro life " and stop kissing up to the religious right.

Religious right has no other candidate to vote for so their votes are guaranteed anyway .
    It is time to flop on this.

#24     Feb 15, 2012
  5. Lucrum

Lucrum

Actually, according to a Gallup poll, the US is split evenly at 47% pro life and 47% pro choice.

#25     Feb 15, 2012
  6. Wallet

Wallet

When you have to send in the MSM to spin public opinion on the fact that this is about contraception and Women's health, disregarding abortive medicines and religious freedom, I'd say the President stepped in a pile trying to spin his way out of his own trap.

But hey it worked for the butchering Planned Parenthood organization against the Komen Foundation......... just another page from the leftist playbook

#26     Feb 15, 2012
  7. Wallet

Wallet

Pro choice advocates, misery loves company, they want everyone on their side, looks better for killing babies when you think everyone's behind you.

#27     Feb 15, 2012
  8. if the stranger asks( Gallup people ), the answer will be more as what is expected that what people really think.

#28     Feb 15, 2012
  9. Mercor

Mercor

The key word in any poll is FREE.

Once you ask people if they want something free numbers go up.
    Free contraception, of course.....

#29     Feb 15, 2012
  10. Mercor

Mercor

None of the Republicans are saying they would ban contraception , they only want to keep the Government from entering the market.

I see this policy as a threat to contraception. Obama is taking a commercial product and putting the control of its distribution under Government department control.
    With one person making one rule the Government can force anyone to offer these products and also force anyone to pay for them.

This is why the founders avoided concentrating this type of power in one branch of government.

This creates a model of rule where in the future for whatever reason one rule could be changed to ban all contraception.

This is a bad precedent.

#30     Feb 15, 2012