Andrew Sullivan: How Obama Set a Contraception Trap for the Right

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

A very nice way to spend your January, particularly when compared to mine in Montreal.

#11     Feb 15, 2012
  2. Brass

Brass

Why soil a perfectly good discussion with facts? And charts!

#12     Feb 15, 2012
  3. Thanks for that, I would have guessed a higher number of supporters. Oh well.

c

#13     Feb 15, 2012
  4. jem

jem

you lefties will earn a constitution written by chavez or stalin.
    How can you all be so blind as to allow govt to trample all over peoples right to be free of govt interference.

didn't you read orwell in school?
    do you see this working?

first its your right to not supply barbaric baby murdering drugs -- then it will be something you care about.

By the way that poll is ridiculous. It apparently mixes in support of gay civil unions with marriage and it softpedals the contraception issue.

Ask Catholics if they think the Church should be forced to supply drugs which kill babies.

#14     Feb 15, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Yes. And I think you're right, it's a huge problem. But the underlying causes of our increasingly bureaucratic and restrictive world are crowding, and accounting. Crowding, because individual actions have both a more immediate effect and a wider effect, on others, and because there is no longer an "out there" to push externalities into--there's a complainer living there now. Accounting, because we have never before been so able to "keep track" of all the entropy our 24/7/365 activity creates.

#15     Feb 15, 2012
  6. jem

jem

you are a good lefty. Not a full shit talking points spouting drone. I respect that a great deal.

If there is no God and there is earthly overcrowding... then we might as well thin the heard and let the eugenics fly too. Right?

Ever see Logan's Run? Is it time? Should we cultivate a world of Farrah Fawcetts? Who gets to lead this Brave New World?

Lets put the left's agenda on the table.
    If we are going to thin the heard... lets put the rules to a vote.

#16     Feb 15, 2012
  7. ===========
    Cg;
    Well i guess that just about settles it??

This looks like a Red sea trap for the King of Egypt;
    Christians,
    conservative Jews,
    conservative Mormans[most of them, not RomnyLOL:D ]. All these & God are against baby butchering/abortion

Interesting, God knocked the wheels off the king of Egypt's chariots;
    then drowned him & his hellish army, in Red sea/saline solution.. Not all gays are unfair;
    i like Ann Coulter-but Sullivan/sodomite is typical left wing liar.:cool:

Ralph Reed /Christian Coalition said i have been in those political campaigns where the wheels start comming off...LOL:D

#17     Feb 15, 2012
  8. Max put up a decent retort, but for some reason he deleted it.

Max??:confused:

#18     Feb 15, 2012
  9. Ricter

Ricter

In a sense, the "thinning of the herd" might be basically all we argue about here. That is, what are the correct rules to obey so that one gets access to food and other resources, and so what people get access to those and which people don't. In the end, those without the right (and might will be the final right) will be "thinned". All I'm talking about here is another repeat of a food empire collapse, but this time with much better foresight (and anxiety).

#19     Feb 15, 2012
    #20     Feb 15, 2012