Andrew Left's (Citron) trading in TSLA

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by freedinner, Sep 7, 2018.

1. Max E.

Max E.

New trading idea........... fade Citron. (Though im not sure how "New" that is.) :D

#11     Sep 7, 2018
  2. Pekelo

Pekelo

Did he miss the no-brainer trade selling calls at 420?

#12     Sep 7, 2018
  3. luisHK

luisHK

Not sure this tells us much about Citron position sizing in companies they write about, especially before publishing an article. Several 3 to 6million opportunist day trades on a single stock don't look like piker moves, I suspect their better planned positions are significantly bigger.

Also agree with the following, although i'm surprised Musk can (can he ?) get away with such misleading and market moving tweets

" I guess it will be difficult for him to prove that these trades have been due to the changing news from Tesla and Musk, as opposed to simply a reaction to price changes"

#13     Sep 8, 2018
  4. He'll lose money and maybe also his job.

It seems that every law firm in the country that is in the securities class action business has filed a lawsuit against Musk and Tesla. Left's is just one of them. I guess there's no shortage of people that have a valid claim against Musk, either because they were short and chickened out to cover after the tweet, or because they went long believing that the price would go up further with the "secured funding". I just don't think that Left is a good choice as lead plaintiff, given his frequent and two-sided trades after the tweet.

These lawsuits will be consolidated but it can still take 2-3 years until there's a verdict. Maybe the SEC is quicker mandating some kind of remediation action. Maybe even forcing Musk's removal as CEO if the board doesn't act first?

#14     Sep 8, 2018
  5. Right. But even looking at Citron's list of reports / announced positions at https://citronresearch.com/citron-report-archives/ , you can't help but notice some serious style drift in the last few years. He used to work exclusively on the short side, exclusively uncovering frauds (not merely overvalued stocks), maybe just 5 per year. These days, he's all over the place, short and long, sometimes focusing on valuation, sometimes on long term potential, sometimes on a quick trade.

#15     Sep 8, 2018
    Clubber Lang likes this.
  6. WTF is up with their trades? Musk will be luck if he's not in an orange jumpsuit. I like his style though

#16     Sep 8, 2018