Andrea Rossi: Game Changer or Mad Scientist

Discussion in 'Economics' started by PocketChange, Jun 21, 2011.

Andrea Rossi E-Cat Energy Catalyzer

1. Game Changing Technology

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. Stinks of Fraud

29 vote(s)
    96.7%
  3. Just another Mad Scientist

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. I've always believed cold fusion would eventually work, so I'm not a skeptic of this. However, the one experiment I'm not seeing that I feel needs to be done is to connect the steam output into a calorimeter or a calibrated steam turbine or generator to directly measure the energy output. Performing such an experiment would kill two birds with one stone: show directly that the multiples of energy created follow theory and show that electricity is easily created with the device.

I'ts possible that a direct measure of energy in the steam has been done but I can't find a link to it? Has someone seen this?

#51     Jun 30, 2011
  2. alternatively, a direct measure of energy release might "kill" only a single bird: A. Rossi, hence the reluctance to perform the measurements.

#52     Jun 30, 2011
  3. Only three months until the megawatt versions come on line, according to Rossi.

Not long to wait, now.

Unfortunately, the (anticipatory) markets haven't moved yet, if this looked even remotely like it would work, the Dow would already be at 20k.

#53     Jun 30, 2011
  4. TGregg

TGregg

LOL, this thread still kicking around? Funny to watch the pikers who have no concept of big business. I suppose if somebody claimed they had some massive new cheap energy production unit, but wanted to hand craft all the generators themselves and sell them in their two-clerk shop in PoDunk Iowa (sorry no online or catalog orders allowed), they'd eat that up as well.

We're talkin' Uber Wealth here. Every hour that this thing is delayed is millions lost forever. If it were real, that is. And not lost money that goes in one person's pocket instead of another's but wealth creation that does not happen. If it were real, he'd have teams of people organizing other teams to do all sort of things like buzz, manufacturing, distribution, promotion, etc. You don't ramp this out piecemeal. . . unless you have something to hide.

EDIT: Oh wait, I know. He doesn't have the money to do that, right? Needs the profits first? In this day with US Banks earning #@*^ing 9 bps on (Carl Sagan)billions and billions(/Carl Sagan) in excess reserves, you don't think he could get all the capital he could possibly want? Provided he was for real, of course.

#54     Jun 30, 2011
  5. University of Bologna was a give-away...

#55     Jun 30, 2011
  6. Yes, that's the point I was making earlier. If this thing is even remotely real, there is simply too much wealth at stake for it to be delayed in any way shape or form. If this thing is real, it is the most conspiracy-proof invention, ever.

But I'll give the guy his 3 months, while his preferred vendor, the Greek gov't (!!!), rolls out the first commercial versions.

#56     Jun 30, 2011
  7. He is building the first plant alone because he only has a patent in Italy. If others were helping out, they could just steal his work, and file for their own patents. I've read he might have a patent pending in the US but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Also, Defkalion won't pay him until the 1MW plant works perfectly, which is a smart move on their part. If the 1MW plant does not work, then the loss is all on Rossi.

I'm definitely leaning towards thinking this is real. I've always felt that cold fusion worked. The problem with early palladium based CF was that the excess energy produced was so low that the results might be called inconclusive. With Rossi's reactor supposedly producing in the 3 to 15KW range, excess energy to measure should not be a problem.

#57     Jun 30, 2011
  8. MPB

MPB

#58     Jun 30, 2011
  9. That's not how patents work, and haven't worked that way in 40+ years.

As I understand it, Rossi's initial PCT was rejected because it was too vague and provided no evidence of actually working - and on top of that, the claims that were clear, were found to be covered by prior art.

That is a massive red flag....

#59     Jun 30, 2011
  10. MPB

MPB

We already know Rossi's process been partially replicated by Brian Ahern since May 30. We also know that Dennis Bushnell a Chief Nasa scientist has come out in support of this technology. Not to mention Ny Teknik (a respected Swedish technology magazine) also gave Rossi's E-Cat credibility. The biggest endorsement comes from former Nobel Prize winner in physics Brain Josephson. The E- Cat has a patent in Italy and has applied for a EU certificate. Two companies AMPENERGO and DEFKALION have been created to sell this product with people like Robert H. Gentile, Craig Cassarino, Christos Stremmenos and Alexanndros Xanthoulis on the board of directors. No thinking person without an agenda could possible believe all these brilliant people are plotting with Andrea Rossi. It's real and it is time to get the word out . If mainstream media won't report this, we will. More information @ EcatrepEcatreport.com

#60     Jun 30, 2011