Andrea Rossi: Game Changer or Mad Scientist

Discussion in 'Economics' started by PocketChange, Jun 21, 2011.

Andrea Rossi E-Cat Energy Catalyzer

1. Game Changing Technology

11 vote(s)
    36.7%
  2. Stinks of Fraud

29 vote(s)
    96.7%
  3. Just another Mad Scientist

15 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. DT-waw

DT-waw

Besides, why it is only cold fusion area where scientists can be called "mad" or "insane"? if it doesn't work, then hell there is no harm from it.

it is U.S. education systems which is MAD and harmful. Catholic church is very harmful. Science is only a tool. Trial and error.

Why nobody calls FDA mad?

#31     Jun 27, 2011
  2. Spoken like a true believer.

#32     Jun 27, 2011
  3. There are cold fusion reactions that have lasted several days and maybe a week, but they are the exception. You can count the reactions that have lasted over a week on your hands. In percentage terms, over 90% are short lived reactions.

Hot fusion reactions are currently only sustainable for a few seconds. I'm not confusing the two.

#33     Jun 27, 2011
  4. Rossi has revealed enough so that the technology will never be repressed.

You pump dry hydrogen into a sealed pipe at high pressure containing nickel nano particles. You run current through it. You run a water jacket around it and you get steam.

The only thing he hasn't revealed is this mystery catalyst. But from what we know about loading hydrogen into Ni batteries, you can bet the mystery catalyst is simply a common electron acceptor such as manganese dioxide or cobalt. Perhaps he has applied the latest learnings from nano phosphate battery technology.

Regardless, there are maybe 12 likely elements that the catalyst could be. A well resourced lab could test all of them and all combinations of them in a matter on months.

There is nothing left to suppress. It either works or if it doesn't. If it is real, it is now freely available to the world.

I think this is the reason he waited for the patent application to be publically available before he promoted his discovery. Even if he was killed, the world would be able to pick up where he left off.

Runningbear

#34     Jun 28, 2011
  5. henry76

henry76

Which is why the process has been adopted by every power plant and car manufacturer in the world .

#35     Jun 28, 2011
  6. MPB

MPB

We already know Rossi's process been partially replicated by Brian Ahern since May 30. We also know that Dennis Bushnell a Chief Nasa scientist has come out in support of this technology. Not to mention Ny Teknik (a respected Swedish technology magazine) also gave Rossi's E-Cat credibility. The biggest endorsement comes from former Nobel Prize winner in physics Brain Josephson. The E- Cat has a patent in Italy and has applied for a EU certificate. Two companies have been created to sell this product with people like Robert H. Gentile, Craig Cassarino, Christos Stremmenos and Alexanndros Xanthoulis on the board of directors. No thinking person without an agenda could possible believe all these brilliant people are plotting with Andrea Rossi. It's real and it is time to get the word out .

#36     Jun 28, 2011
  7. i have not looked at the most recent articles. but i do recall reading in ~ 6 months ago Rossi's account of his own experiment. the whole thing sounded very suspect. i don't recall what it was exactly (detector failure and something else) that made me think how could this guy claim ANYTHING with such a sloppy setup.

my intuition says the "discovery" will be forgotten by the end of 2011.

#37     Jun 28, 2011
  8. DT-waw

DT-waw

“This is capable of, by itself, completely changing geo-economics, geopolitics of solving quite a bit of [the] energy [problem.] – Dennis Bushnell, Chief Scientist of NASA Langley.

interview: http://nickelenergy.wordpress.com/2...nasa-langley-acknowledges-andrea-rossi-e-cat/

however, Random.Capital is a better expert in the field of LENR. He will tell us "well, it cannot work, because its bad for Goldman Sachs, Federal Reserve and Rockeffeler and of course, state of Israel".

what a nasty invention, it should be burnt, sent to hell and forgot for millennia, right?

#38     Jun 28, 2011
  9. #39     Jun 28, 2011
  10. MPB

MPB

I noticed you didn't mention he was completely exonerated of all charges. It almost seems like smear campaign of a man willing to bring this technology to the public when he could be bought off.

#40     Jun 28, 2011