Andover

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Beer Man, Nov 18, 2002.

1. No help I guess.
    Maybe if i take away the constructive comment and change it to constructive or flame more will answer.

#11     Nov 19, 2002
  2. Geez. Some people are impatient.
    Try giving people a chance to answer your question in a timely manner. You will find that a lot of people will respond to questions after market close.

Are you by any chance a reincarnation of TKOtrader?

#12     Nov 19, 2002
  3. I'll express more about Andover in a few months. It's not fair to rate a firm when you are learning the software and so forth. I clear through Andover though ....not trade with them.

So far I can't find a single thing to complain about them. They never go down, so not sure what Calibur is trying to claim same as others. Most of the offices have a few tech's in each office in case of problems.

What has caught my attention is some of the larger traders from other firms have all moved here.

Barry........who used to trade in Bright's Las Vegas Office

Avi who used to trade in Bright's LA office,

The major players at protrader in Texas all moved to Andover

Some of the old trainers of Van Buren are now here.

Bright's old Arcadia office, than another firm's Pasadena office...are now all with Andover.

more of the firm in the future. Again the best way to find out about a firm is to physically visit their offices and ask questions. An anonymous message board won't get you too far.

Robert

#13     Nov 19, 2002
  4. I agree with the last statement. As I stated, while I was there Hammer was only being rolled, so it had stability problems. But I clearly stated further, that they may have fixed the stability issue by now. You would know better since you clear through them.

#14     Nov 19, 2002
  5. Nope not TKOtrader, I understand more responses will take place after the close.

On andover I have visited the office and spoke to traders and have gone through multiple meetings and questions. I understand an anonymous board will not give the best of responses but I like seeing what others have to say. Often if many people say the same thing it is something to watch out for.

#15     Nov 19, 2002
  6. welcome back from the big apple

#16     Nov 19, 2002
  7. fmbarron

fmbarron

My firm, a Colorado based RIA, trades through Andover. Our Hammer system has gone down momentarily a few times the past few months. However, we are pleased with their support, executions, and commission structure. We have also introduced a few of the hedge fund managers we work with to their system. Most of the managers that we have introduced to the Hammer have switched over to it.

#17     Nov 25, 2002
  8. Just be careful if you are trying to cut a deal for a group of traders. For this thread, it seems like this is not the case. For individuals, I've heard the software is good if you can tolerate the occasional down time which is probably about the industry standard. The feature set is comparable to the best of them.

#18     Nov 25, 2002
  9. What were those hedgefund managers switching over from? Was it redi+, or what platform.

Rtharp has mentioned a few things too like about hammer such as the integration of bullets directly into the trading platform, and also said he was able to implement some strategies with it that he was not able to do with his last platform but wasn't very specific.

Andover traders, what else is impressive about your software, or is it a big secret unless you obtain the user manual.

Just trying to compare and contrast.

(Having the bullets built into trading platform must surely be something that everyone is working on right now. Even it just saves 1-2 seconds that edge is worth a few grand a year at the very minimum I would think.)

:p

#19     Nov 25, 2002
  10. I contacted Andover about opening an account. No reply.

I opened one elsewhere.

If they can't properly handle an inquiry for a trading account, what can they do?

#20     Nov 25, 2002