Andover Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Jackal, Dec 14, 2001.

1. This, again, is a silly urban myth passed along by people with some sort of agenda. Sure, we have traders lose in some pairs, but 1 pair out of dozens is hardly going to affect the firm or even traders as a whole.

Our firm has more money now than last year when GE/Hon was covered.

So, come on guys, if you want to know the facts, just ask me....I have always been forthright with my friends on ET.

#51     Jun 26, 2002
  2. I am a little confused about self clearing firms. I always thought you have to be an exchange member to be able to clear such as Interactive brokers (NYSE for equities) , GNI (CME for futures). I heard that Andover is self clearing yet I can't find their firm in the member sites of NYSE, AMEX. AmI missing another exchange that they could be members of?

Does self-clearing imply more stability than if the broker is only an introducing broker (IB's fail all the time-check out SIPC website)?

Thanks

#52     Jul 14, 2002
  3. self clearing can reduce expenses...it also carries with it the hazards of being 'vertically integrated:' i.e. strain on resources, having too full a plate. I've seen some self clearing firms go under and it's a mess.

If you're dealing with a self clearing firm, make sure they're solid, and stay vigilant.

I prefer to deal directly with the clearing broker.

IMHO.

#53     Jul 14, 2002
  4. zangari3

zangari3

I am currently trading in a proprietary office and I am thinking about trading with Andover remote. Anyone that has any suggestions or advice. It would be greatly appreciated

Z

#54     Jan 13, 2003
  5. i only posted my email because it was requested. i am merely giving the board what they want which is access to andover. granted the person who requested it only has 2 posts but i can assure you he is not affiliated with me or andover in anyway. i feel that many of my posts are very informative on how licensed traders play the market. since andover or its sub llc's do not have an advertising account with barron does this mean i cant tell people how to contact me if they request it? should i tell them to pm me? i will operate w/in the guidelines i am just a little confused as to whats right or wrong.
    thank you

#55     Jan 14, 2003