Andover Trading

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by Jackal, Dec 14, 2001.

1. I've interviewed at most all of the "prop trading" firms here in S.F. and I can say that I totally agree with you.

they aren't putting up a freak'n dime of their own money.

"Customer in disguise" is a perfect way of putting it.

#41     May 29, 2002
  2. andover is self clearing

#42     Jun 23, 2002
  3. I presently work at andover. i have worked all over nyc and long island in the past 8 years and have tried all the different platforms out there. The hammer system is by far the best i have used. the orders are super fast and i post bullets with one click of a button. i really have not found anything bettter.

#43     Jun 23, 2002
  4. Hi stOckman-

Could you please define "bullets"
    I'm familiar with the term in trading, however, I'm confused in this context.. or maybe I know and I just confused myself again..

tia-

momo

#44     Jun 24, 2002
  5. VOLUME

VOLUME

A bullet is an "artificial long". Buying a bullet allows you to hit bids on a downtick.

#45     Jun 24, 2002
  6. you keep talking about your millions in the firm...
    I heard you lost it all it the ge/ honeywell pair trade?????????

#46     Jun 24, 2002
  7. A bullet is NOT an artificial long. It is a synthetic call. But that lesson is for another thread, another day. If you weren't truly long, then you could not sell stock legally on a down tick.

#47     Jun 25, 2002
  8. Magna

Magna Administrator

momotrdr,

There has been countless discussions and explanations of bullets on Elite, simply do a little DD by clicking "Search" in the upper right.

#48     Jun 25, 2002
  9. Magna

Magna Administrator

momotrdr,

There has been countless discussions and explanations of bullets on Elite, simply do a little DD by clicking "Search" in the upper right.

#49     Jun 25, 2002
  10. xtrader

xtrader

on GE/HON.

In the millions? YES

You won't see Don or Bob touting those strategies (losses).

#50     Jun 25, 2002