Andover Takeover

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by calibertrader, Dec 19, 2002.

1. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

what makes you think they dont have money??? (i have no idea about the co, nor their finances, so if you have any insight it would be greatly appreciated)

#71     Jan 13, 2003
  2. Because of who they are ...

#72     Jan 13, 2003
  3. dgmodel

dgmodel Guest

and who are they???

#73     Jan 13, 2003
  4. JayS

JayS

#74     Jan 13, 2003
  5. #75     Jan 13, 2003
  6. #76     Jan 13, 2003
  7. Hey Rob are you saying that this is not true?

The rumour about AB whatley? Its sounds pretty strange. Probably just people spreading rumours.

I am curious though if you or any other traders would like to comment on the Sungard takeover as i am assuming that is true.

As a trader has there been any changes for better or for worse? Is there going to be management changes? Or comission changes?

I am not a trader with andover but if i was i would be interested in what would be happening with my future. My first reaction would definitely be good cuz Sungard has alot of cash so it sounds like Andover would get much stronger if anything. However i find it a little strange that no one has made any comments on any changes? Maybe it takes a little while before everyone figures out exactly what changes are going to take place. I am curious because for the longest time i have been considering joining up with andover.

Any feedback from you or anyone else would be much appreciated.

#77     Jan 13, 2003
  8. #78     Jan 13, 2003
  9. Jwkirkland commented on it already. No changes, except a billion now on the balance sheets. If there are changes this message board will be one of the first to know. That was true about Sungard merger.

ABwatley isn't buying Prop. Look at the old balance sheet I posted just above. Latest on the web from Yahoo.........it's not current but it was getting worse and worse. I bet if you wanted to you can buy them out for a few grand. My 4 runner might just be worth more than AB Watley from the looks of it.

#79     Jan 13, 2003
  10. mama

mama

I'm considering to try hammer for both equity and options trading. I'm not planning to daytrade much but swingtrade. Does anyone know anything about this software and how does it compare in terms of execution, charting and reliability vs more established rediplus and realtick packages. Thanks!

Also, where can I find info on Sungard takeover? For some strange reason it has not been posted on Sungard website?

#80     Jan 13, 2003