Andover Takeover

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by calibertrader, Dec 19, 2002.

1. VOLUME

VOLUME

Why would Sungard buy Andover and then close down the daytrading side and let hundreds of traders just walk away?

It would seem rather foolish to let all that clearing money go to another firm (Hundreds of millions of shares each month.)

Please stop with the obvious false rumors. Whether Andover is bought out or not, the daytrading side will be unaffected.

#21     Dec 19, 2002
  2. VOLUME

VOLUME

"Once again, for those Andover traders, I AM UPDATING THE BOARD ON NEW NEWS THAT CAME UP ABOUT THE BUYOUT. I didn't start the original board, someone else did."

YOUR "NEWS" IS NOT ACCURATE...SO STOP POSTING!!!!!!!!!

#22     Dec 19, 2002
  3. skeptic123

skeptic123 Guest

I am sure lots of people who are not Andover traders are also interested what is going to happen with the firm and whether it is a still viable alternative, so the information provided by caliber in his original message is appreciated.

As far as the rumors are concerned - this board is full of them and it is probably fine, the boards like this exist to discuss facts, rumors, opinions etc. I read lots of bad opinions and rumors about Hold Brothers on this board and that was fine with everybody. In this case the original message was not even any kind of critique of Andover, just important and hopefully correct information.

The whole thing about Andover buyout was a rumor to begin with. It was not started by Caliber and nobody complained about it being a rumor then, why start complaining now.

#23     Dec 19, 2002
  4. tracedef

tracedef Guest

Relax bro. Relax.

#24     Dec 19, 2002
  5. VOLUME

VOLUME

I think some of you are missing the point...

I completely understand how this topic is relevant to the message boards...but more importantly, the truth should be stated. As he has mentioned so many times, Caliber works at/for Hold. As such, he is in no position to comment on Andover topics.

Whatever happens with a buyout or merger will not affect the daytrading side of Andover.

#25     Dec 19, 2002
  6. i dont care who started the rumor or message. caliber needs to brush up on compliance, period, if not for us for himself at least. rumors have flown about this topic for almost two years. bottom line if a takeover happens it won't go into effect for roughly 12 months anyway. sure everyone wants to know whats up and i welcome the topic but this thread is already starting to fill up with crap just like the other one did.

#26     Dec 19, 2002
  7. The boys at Andover lecturing someone about compliance issues.

Now, that is a good one.

#27     Dec 19, 2002
  8. is that if your info. is wrong caliber.......you might as well get another alias

#28     Dec 19, 2002
  9. haha funny. cant break the rules with the built in compliance engine on hammer platform. i wouldn't have it any other way being a s24 and all.

#29     Dec 19, 2002
  10. If I was at andover, I would really like to know what is happening. Additionally, I believe that in cases like this, anyone who really knows don't tell people who really like to know. just my .02.

#30     Dec 19, 2002