Andover Takeover

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by calibertrader, Dec 19, 2002.

1. That would be me and my partner, PM me who your tech friend is.

#11     Dec 19, 2002
  2. tracedef

tracedef Guest

Not much use in comparing the Hold B's and Andover, they're both bucket shops in the worst sense of the word. It's like arguing over who's more relevant in the NBA today, Kareem Abdul Jabar or Magic Johnson. I've probably put in about three years between the two of them and I'm not proud to say that..............not like anyone cares though, just had to get that out, I feel better already!! Andover has had multiple "buyouts" fall through, surprisingly when buyers look at the books, there's nothing there, that can't be a surpise though. A favorite story from about a year ago was when, I think it was Egroup?, was looking at the books they came across $450K expenses that were attributed to paying for computer tech's lunches over a four month period. That was the story, I swear, but who the hell knows................

#12     Dec 19, 2002
  3. What isn't true? I'm not trying to force a mass exodus here. I'm just trying to update the Elite Members on new info that has come out about the buy out. Cause I run a firm I can't post information relevant to the industry?

What is this Congress? You pick and choose what I say and try to spin it. So it would've been better for you if I just passed the info on to someone else on Elite and have them post it.

Read my first post, it's a quick update, and somehow it's turned into a trent lott issue.

Somehow I don't believe posting this information is somehow going to drive everybody to my arms for a place to trade.

#13     Dec 19, 2002
  4. Thank you. Someone actually read the post and somehow didn't think I was comparing Andover to HB.

Actually by posting, I'm probably advertising out the Andover name, so more people see it, and inquire about their trading groups. And by trying to knock me down, the negative posters are advertising to the board that I run a firm, no wonder I get a boat load of resumes after you guys get going. Thanks.

#14     Dec 19, 2002
  5. VOLUME

VOLUME

I didn't "pick and choose" what you can say or not, I just refuted a completely false statement. The Sungard deal would not have affected the daytrading side at all.

#15     Dec 19, 2002
  6. Why was it false? Sungard didn't want the day trading side of the business, they wanted the self clearing and technology.

Sungard would've either sold the business to another firm, or just shut it down. But that really doesn't matter cause they are not buying, so it's irrelevant. So why jump down my throat for my original post. Read it again, and you'll see it's an update with no further agenda. The only reason for the thread is to update and see if others have heard the same news.

#16     Dec 19, 2002
  7. did it ever occur to you that you are spreading rumors and or inside information. since your spilling your cuts already step up and tell us who is telling you. how do you get this info. all of us at andover would rather you keep your mouth shut. anyone who really knows whats going on does.
    - p.s. i dont need instructions on how to use the board either.

NO QUOTES PLEASE

#17     Dec 19, 2002
  8. tracedef

tracedef Guest

whenever anyone considers buying a daytrading firms in this economy you have to consider that they probably have a motive other than profit (consider how many dt firms have gone under in the past year). From my understanding, most firms who would even think twice about getting tangled with dt firms would do so as a means to write off losses from their core business or for any other number tax purposes. Sometimes they just want other parts of the business (software, clearing, etc.) to piece into their core business, the buyout of Cybertrader comes to mind. That is why whenever these rumors of buyout go around, most people I speak to are almost always concerned about the implications a buyout might have to current traders in the company being bought out. Most Andover guys I know were concerned about how a buyout might affect them (if they believed the sunguard story was credible in the first place.) Blah, blah, sorry to bore everyone.

#18     Dec 19, 2002
  9. Once again, for those Andover traders, I AM UPDATING THE BOARD ON NEW NEWS THAT CAME UP ABOUT THE BUYOUT. I didn't start the original board, someone else did.

#19     Dec 19, 2002
  10. Please keep posting, you're the only one with an objective view here who actually is posting on topic rather then trying to deflect from the topic. We need more posters like you across this web site.

Thank you for clarifying that Andover traders you know were concerned about the rumor. This thread now ends the rumor and relieves their worries for now.

#20     Dec 19, 2002