Andover Takeover

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by calibertrader, Dec 19, 2002.

1. hey over linetheline...

robert was kind enough to invite me down to his office one afternoon towatch him trade... what was in it for him = NOTHING. being self-taught, i'd only seen one other trading station before, so just seeing how how robert did things was very informative.

from my personal experience, robert is not a "spoiled runt." in fact, he was very gracious with his time and insights. it was a really nice gesture.

#91     Jan 14, 2003
  2. Mock mock mock!

Just kidding!

:D

#92     Jan 14, 2003
  3. Robert YOU have lost all credibility and respect from me. I think your post was out of line and shows you have a short fuse.

If your always like this, I would dislike sitting / trading near you for fear of getting my eyes poked out from your broken keyboard's fragments (due to your temper). I was thinking about going with your firm, but now I will look elsewhere.

To control your temper, when your blood pressure goes up, just say serenity now serenity now 10 times like George Castanza's father did in Sienfield...it worked for him!

#93     Jan 14, 2003
  4. Feel free to call me. My number is posted in my signature.

Remember, You were making fun of my name?

#94     Jan 14, 2003
  5. lescor

lescor

I sat next to and traded with Robert for a couple months last year and he is very calm under pressure. Never saw him snap or barely even raise his voice when a trade went bad. I've also seen his generosity with new traders. You are reading him wrong here.

#95     Jan 14, 2003
  6. Robert,
    Is simply NOT telling the truth, this did not happen at the echo office his facts surrounding this meeting are incorrect, Your DISHONESTY about beind a big pit trader in chicago was what got you in trouble with me to begin with, when I confronted you on your outright LIE, you lashed back at me for calling you out and challenged me to "take it up on the board" which is what ive done.

If you had a shread of truth to your facts, you could easily put me in my place, however my opinion of you as a spoiled, cheerleading, runt hasnt changed.

As far as putting my NAME and personal information on this thread shows........well its pretty clear what it shows to all of us....
    kind of like your piece on how "only good traders live in your neighborhood" but i ask why? why would you do that? Are you trying to get somone else to take my family and I out?

one word Robert,
    PATHETIC

#96     Jan 14, 2003
  7. I only know from my own experiences.

#97     Jan 14, 2003

8. Guys on this board know me rather well.

Jeff I got rather sick of your cr*p of attacking people.

For anybody who is interested just run a search of his posts for Overtheline and realize some of them have been deleted by moderators.

I saw you attacking Don Bright about a few things about a year ago.

see this thread....about halfway through

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=97792#post97792

Now I have had my disagreements with Don at times but felt some of the attacks being aimed at Don in the thread were just wrong. Bob Bright is sitting next to him and can easily answer Options questions.

I jumped in mentioning Don might know a few things about options as I confirmed what he knew than gave my background of why I knew that to be true.

Jeff S decided he had to have to prove that wrong. (Attitude of winning trader.......can't be wrong) and started challenging me.

I mentioned who I worked with on the floor in the Bond Options Pit and the Bond pit.

Jeff can't seem to remember me. Damn I was probably on the floor for about 9 months or so. I can hardly remember anyone the turnover was huge. So he assumes I am not telling the truth.

My U-4 is proof as it clearly states my time on the CBOT which the NASD verifies.

The PM's toward me were rather aggressive. I questioned Jeff saying who are you anyhow? Remembering hearing about a few guys who had come into the office before I was around, talked really big. Jonathan had asked them to back up what they did by bringing in their sheets.

Jeff didn't want to back up his trading records with written proof. My experience is traders doing well are happy to show written proof.

Jeff took a lot of offense to this when I brought it up. I realized by his reactions I hit a nail on the head. I found his button.

You see Jeff had I said something that wasn't true you wouldn't have been so worked up.

Jeff PM'ed Jonathan Kirkland saying how tough some of the guys in the office are. Jonathan K asked me to leave Jeff alone which I did.

Jeff though had a different agenda as he continued to publicly post negatively about me on this forum.

Since Jeff wished to continue talking about me I'll let everyone know what's going on.

#98     Jan 14, 2003
  9. I can say that in my dealings with Robert Tharp, he has been a stand up guy. That is just my personal opinion.

#99     Jan 14, 2003
  10. This is a bold faced lie....... jonathon couldnt do7's and we were UNIMPRESSED with the way he was bashing bright etc. so we never came back and that is the truth,. While most of us are trading, you 2 are talking about whats said on a message board.

#100     Jan 14, 2003