Andover Takeover

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by calibertrader, Dec 19, 2002.

1. Just wanted to let you guys know that Sungard pulled the plug on the buyout. It seems they uncovered something they didn't like during the due diligence. What that was, I don't know and neither did my source. Anything on the reason would be speculation on my part. Hope this helps.

2. here we go again. - just subscribing

3. You know, you don't actually have to leave a message to subscribe to a thread, you just have to click on the subscribe link at the bottom left of the page.

4. just wanted to let you know that the hammer can hammer the greybox into the ground.

5. Your point would be, for the relevance to this thread?

6. no point really, just find it interesting that a hold brothers guy is spilling the beans

7. VOLUME

VOLUME

For someone who doesn't work at the firm, you seem "to know" an awful lot about Andover.

Just concentrate on trying to get guys into the empty Hold Bros. office and leave your rumors off the message boards.

8. I worked and trained for Andover for a year. To clear things up further, I run a firm that clears through Hold.

The post is in responce to a thread that was closed until further information was known. I just got the info and thought that the Andover traders would be relieved, considering that Sungard planned to get rid of that part of the business, possibly causing them heartache finding a new place, and for other traders who planned on joining Andover and possibly hesitated cause of the rumor.

Plus it is my business to know what's going on in the industry since it's relevant to mine.

9. fatman

fatman

Actually I was at Hold Brothers just the other day, in both NY and NJ, and I was actually pretty impressed with what I saw. I am not framiliar with thier numers and revenue and all that jazz, but the operation was more legit than I expected.

I don't know if they have any good traders, but I know a guy who is a tech there and he seems to think they have at least a few pretty good traders. Not to mention a few new guys that are pretty good.

Anyway, I guess this has nothing to do with the thread.

10. VOLUME

VOLUME

"I just got the info and thought that the Andover traders would be relieved, considering that Sungard planned to get rid of that part of the business, possibly causing them heartache finding a new place, and for other traders who planned on joining Andover and possibly hesitated cause of the rumor."--Caliber

That is absolutely not true.

#10     Dec 19, 2002