Anderson Cooper says he is gay.....

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., Jul 4, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Sure you care, otherwise you wouldn't be worrying about people whom it doesn't concern because it is none of their business. As it happens, I don't think bigots should be allowed to marry and procreate because it helps to perpetuate stoopid (with two Os), which is not good for society in general. Do I have a say?

#21     Jul 5, 2012
  2. So was Brown v Board, if you recall. Do you think the will of the confederacy should have been respected?

#22     Jul 5, 2012
  3. Plenty of hetero white male God believers.

Feed the hungry.
    Clothe the naked.
    Heal the sick.
    Love thy brother.

You know, that kind of stuff.

#23     Jul 5, 2012
  4. Apples and oranges my friend, apples and oranges. You of all people should be offended at equating the two. There is no comparison.

#24     Jul 5, 2012
  5. Listen CO. I DO NOT MEAN THIS TOWARDS YOU PERSONALLY.

But, the Klannish are getting good at newspeak. You may say apples and oranges maybe because you mean what you say and say what you mean. But Popeye is dead.

Are so very sure it is apples and oranges, and if you will, please share why.

BTW, in my paradigm, elders are elders, regardless of color. So, as an elder, please, if you will, tell how this is apples and oranges. ( No sarcasm, dead serious)

#25     Jul 5, 2012
  6. Because people should not be denied equal treatment or educational/employment opportunity just because of their skin color. A color which they had no say, and no control over. People have the right, the God given right to this equality. People denied these rights suffer directly in any number of ways. Gays are not suffering just because they can't get married, not in any real sense. They have won and deserved rights to civil unions and privledges that go along with that.

#26     Jul 5, 2012
  7. I have heard this argument from infuriated elders( because they know my total background).

My response is from Dr. King. Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. Do you argue this? If so, why?

#27     Jul 5, 2012
  8. You keep refering to me as an elder I'm going to be more depressed than I already am.:)
    Gays not being able to marry is not what I would call an injustice as much as it is an inconvienance to them.

#28     Jul 5, 2012
  9. In my world, elder is a title of respect. Grey hair is good. Especially in man. In your world too, if you think about it. A little grey in an MD goes very far.

Gays cannot marry because we have a cultural stigma upon them. Recently, black and white could not marry either. If they wish to legalize their union, it should be their right to do. It does not bother us directly.

#29     Jul 5, 2012
  10. wildchild

wildchild

Bingo.

#30     Jul 5, 2012