Andersen found guilty - max penalty $500,000

Discussion in 'Trading' started by MrDinky, Jun 15, 2002.

1. MrDinky

MrDinky

http://www.msnbc.com/news/766114.asp#BODY

That's even less of a slap than Merrill Lynch got. Of course AA is in a lot more trouble in the court of public opinion as many firms have already dropped them. People are still stupid enough to listen to Merrill I guess. Plus the possibility exists this ruling may enable the SEC to bar AA from auditing any publicly traded company.

Still - $500,000.

2. What possible good will come from destroying this company? A single sacraficial scapegoat would have sufficed.

3. chuv

chuv

Anderson competitors will definitely benefit from this.

4. Anderson's method of operation exists more or less in equivalent amounts in other public accounting firms. The whole public accounting industry needs to get religion fast.

5. js1257

js1257

They need to start throwing all of these assholes in jail. The idiots from the enron and California power scandal and the rest of the power execs who conspired on this reaming of the consumer. The people who are guilty that caused this mess with anderson. They the execs should be held liable for every illegal thing that they do and not just fining a company. They need to go to prison to get the reaming they deserve.

6. Here we go again. The consumer has been getting reamed from day one. Is it right?" Of course not. Will it happen again. I'd bet on it. The really important thing, imo, is that 30.000 people are out of a job. This is cutting off your nose to spite your face.

7. They'll get it now. But thier new religion will be founded on new forms of cheating and lying. So we can look forward to a new set of scandals 20 years from now.

8. perr

perr

They need to start throwing all of these assholes in jail. The idiots from the enron and California power scandal and the rest of the power execs who conspired on this reaming of the consumer. The people who are guilty that caused this mess with anderson. They the execs should be held liable for every illegal thing that they do and not just fining a company. They need to go to prison to get the reaming they deserve.

js1257

Amennnnnn Amen.

That's what our country is now. All Government and Corporation
    and Business are all after us. The Lawyer's the Court's all
    against the hard working do it all for us you consumer's.

They want you the consumer to do all this extra work at the
    work place for them and conditioning you to like or not.
    Say one thing and there goes the handcuff and your in jail.
    Read js1257 read again. They are reaming us royal big time.

Here we are the Consumer the people of America who can
    take it all away from these bum's and I mean bum's .
    Look at this, a fine. A little money thing. They all should
    be in jail just like they would do to you and I .

perr