And we are UP again...so much for the -2% Monday gap down fears. Same thing over and over.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by noddyboy, Jul 12, 2020.

1. noddyboy

noddyboy

And now let's sort the 500 stocks in the S&P as an exercise and complain once again about the ones that went up the most....let the bear growls begin.

Axon and Clubber Lang like this.
  2. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

I like CGC CCL WIMI NFLX TSLA Friday charts, will trade those if they breakout tomorrow :D

noddyboy likes this.
  3. noddyboy

noddyboy

Bears are so smart. They know how to use the sort function in Excel. Bulls so dumb. They think if a stock goes up 10% a day, it will go up 1000% a year and so clearly it has to drop -99% tomorrow.

4. Ken, remember, NFLX has earnings Thur after market close

KCalhoun likes this.
  5. Re: And we are UP again...so much for the -2% Monday gap down fears. Same thing over and over.

Too early - Monday's trading day is still a long way off.

6. SunTrader

SunTrader

Come on man. It's not where they open, it's where they close.

Well actually all that stuff that happens in between also.

Ayn Rand likes this.
  7. SanMiguel

SanMiguel

Got to be good earnings

8. There's been something like 10 or 11 consecutive green Mondays.

9. I said it here a bunch of times and I’ll say it again-
    The day the Fed announced they will buy JUNK bonds was the day they officially told the world the U.S. stock market can only go up.

Earnings, covid, P/E, TA, China, elections, market cap, etc are meaningless as long as the Fed wants to keep the house of cards standing

NoahA likes this.
  10. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Thx, not swingtrading but that's good to know since it'll have Friday gap if Thursday earnings.

I'm taking a break from swings and getting back to mostly all daytrading vs both. No more bear bias, I'll refocus on momentum daytrading both in chatroom and here, with lessons learned.

Thx to hafez, gaslight, ddog, over, murray and others for helpful posts.

Rather than scalping, will test intraday swings: enter by 10am, set hard stop just under lod, tighten up midday on half position, exit all near 3:30 or when trailing stop is hit.

Gap runners and 2day high breakouts only, no bottomfish or inside charts

#10     Jul 12, 2020