...And They Have a Plan. (Live.)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Overnight, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Overnight

Overnight

Yesterday chafed my ass!

Continuing from last trade at #159...
    jan122018sumeoy.JPG

The June NQ long I was in on 01/05 @6670.25 I accidentally had a target still set on, that one closed out.

I went back in it later on with my mind all aflutter about long long long. Closed that one out too early also. But on Wednesday the shorts sang out beautiful songs! Made some good scratch there!

Then comes Thursday! WTF man, I decided to try some NQ long scalping like I did on Wednesday short scalping. I failed like Bob Barker's horn guy with much flatulence.

Lost ~$760 on the NQ that day I can tell you. Shuvs and Zuuls!

Today worked out better on the longing, but not so much scalping. I think Xela calls it semi-scalping. I really wanted to get to $1500, just because it is a nice round number.

So I look at the past two days as a loss of ~760 on NQ yesterday, made that back today so NQ is a scratch for Thursday.

YM gave me the profit for Thursday and today and NQ added a bit today. So in sussing it out, the past two days averaged to ~700 per day and $1450 total. Not the $1500 I was looking for, but I'll take it!

Here's current total screen...

jan122018sumall.JPG

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
    #81     Jan 12, 2018
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Gonna' take a ride on my mind this weekend. Hedge my bet on a clean Corvette to get me there right on time.

#82     Jan 12, 2018
  3. algofy

algofy

You smoking the good stuff with Johnny again?

#83     Jan 12, 2018
  4. Overnight

Overnight

You are so silly. Come here, let me fondle you on my dry journal pages. They will soak up the juices.

#84     Jan 12, 2018
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Here, I lay this down, I need to go spew in another threads. Sorry dear.

#85     Jan 12, 2018
  6. Overnight

Overnight

Latest update from previous trade #194...

jan262018sumtrade.JPG

A good two weeks. Missed a lot of potential, but also avoided a lot of agita by sitting on hands when everything went apeshit midday Wednesday. The one that burns me about Wednesday is when I had made some bux a bit earlier in daytrading, then went long again RIGHT AT THE TIPPY-TOP. Those burning trades Wednesday are the very last exits there at the bottom of the list.

So I watched it fall a bit and said, "Yeah this looks like a bottom." When the first contract fell about 15 points I said yeah, average into that one. So the thing fell for another ~80 points after that! Doh!!! If I had got the second position at THAT bottom just two hours later, there would be two thousand bux more on the bottom line there. Alas.

The past two weeks were a mix of day trades, calendar spread and swings. Just dancing all over the place I do be, still excited to try new things, old things in new ways, and new things in old ways, newly. (what?)

Anyways, I'll take it.

Summary screen continuing...

jan262018sumall.JPG

Going to try to chill this weekend, this mostly-long stuff is getting weary in retrospect. Something's gotta' give here, and not just for a 2 week slow pull-back like we saw last two weeks of December. That was peanuts compared to what might be coming. I should really get back into CL and just place a long or two in Sep equity as a festering profit target. But this bull-roar is addicting, yes. Mreh.

*k, relax, stop typing.*

#86     Jan 26, 2018
    samuel11 and Xela like this.
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Hmm, haven't looked at this graph in a while. Look a little familiar? Like a bubble?

jan262018sumgraph.JPG

Thus, I muse.

#87     Jan 26, 2018
  8. themickey

themickey

Airbag :) what is this chart?
    Real or sim profits?
    And the horixontal line at 1200? :)

#88     Jan 26, 2018
  9. Overnight

Overnight

That chart is the cumulative profit chart graph from NinjaTrader through the dates listed in the pic.

*sighs* You never studied...

You ninny, of COURSE it is live profits. What the hell is the point of posting a sim journal? Look through the thread from the beginning to see where I addressed the issue of proof of sim vs. live, man.

Here's another bit from a recent broker statement to try to show more proof it is live. Oi!....

mickeythreadpicpost.JPG

The fifth whole digit on the left was redacted for privacy. There is more than 8K in the account, else this wouldn't be possible that much I can tell you.

Mickey, study the entry and exit times listed above and see how they jive with your charts. All times listed are US ET, which is -5 UTC.

Slacker.

As for the blue line at 12,000? Are you kidding? Even the folks at Ninja admitted they have no clue what it represents. I have seen it on a few of the graphs. I figure it is some weird average line that the software uses to plot an average number of whatever the chart represents (in this case cumulative profit over 54 weeks) melded with every other metric they can stick in there, like MAE, entry/exit efficiency, calculated over time considering number of trades, length of time in market etc etc., even though they have separate charts for those. I recall seeing someone post a question like that in the Ninja forums in the past, and they were flabbergasted, lol!

Gotta' love getting what you paid for, and I paid 1000 bux for the thing. Shit-jerks, they should know the hell what their software does

#89     Jan 26, 2018
    themickey likes this.
  10. themickey

themickey

Welp, in 13 mumphs yuv gone from zero dollars to $5000.

#90     Jan 26, 2018