...And They Have a Plan. (Live.)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Overnight, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Overnight

Overnight

#341     May 14, 2021
  2. Overnight

Overnight

Zzzz....

Haven't done anything while watching the festering boil in my eye.

So I follow Mitch.

No trades, still sitting on the open positions...These are going really far out in time now....But gee, that is why I use time as my edge?

05282021openposition.JPG

The MBT is a sim trade, as you can tell by the "S" in the account column. Look what 2 simple micro contracts can do to you if you are not careful.

#342     May 29, 2021
  3. Overnight

Overnight

Still waiting for them BOTH to be in profit...

06042021openposition.JPG

It's getting old. Was thinking of booking the MES profit, but keep thinking, NAH. Follow the plan! Their divergence cannot last through September. Tech just needs another grinding up day like today to get into profit.

#343     Jun 4, 2021
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Closed the trades out on Friday, while on vacation (still am). When I saw Monday's action, I thought FUCK! But then I remembered..."If the market had gone DOWN another 150 points from your exit, you'd be just as happy." Gotta' always remember that, Rickshaw...BITE ME, you fuckface, you fucking coward. You do not have BALLS.

closedtrades.JPG

I'll be able to show it in usual format when I get home to trading machine and can post from the NT7 journal screen.

But basically, people, that's a "swing trade". Look at entry and exit dates. Any QUESTIONS? Anyone else here have fucking BALLS? Rickshaw? Eqtrdr, or whatever the fuck your nickname is?

#344     Jun 15, 2021
  5. Overnight

Overnight

Welp, for whatever reason the trades closed through the broker on the phone on Jun 11th will not show up in the NT7 journal. I suppose that is because NT simply doesn't know the closures happened while the trading PC was offline. NT and AMP do not get along well.

So tack on an extra ~700 bux in the total for those Jun 11 closures.

For this week, I only took a couple yesterday when I was finally settled in...

06182021 weekend.JPG

And then went ahead and decided I wanted to play the Dow, because it seemed to be getting stronger. And then Bullard opened his yap.

So here is my open position...

06182021openpositions.JPG

Not too bad, all things considered on a quad-witching day.

#345     Jun 18, 2021
  6. Overnight

Overnight

By the way, here's what the summary screen looks like. The MAE number on the bottom is wholly wrong. There was way more than that MAE during the life of the trades when they were open. MAE was about -$3K at it's max trough.

totalsummaryfrom1222020to06182021.JPG

Last edited: Jun 18, 2021
    #346     Jun 18, 2021
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Continuing from last trade...

06252021tradedetail.jpg

Took only two trades this week, opting to stay in the Dow. Left money on table today but hit my targets.

After closing yesterday, I'm glad I stayed out today, because I cannot see numbers properly today. I saw an exit trade in Dest's journal that my brain transposed numbers on. I have heard of brain farts, but never knew one could have eye farts. Flat for the weekend.

#347     Jun 25, 2021
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Only one trade this week.

0702021tradedetail.jpg

I stuck with the Dow because it was not at ATH. Painful watching the ES and NQ bust through the records, but I must follow the plan. I have been burned before with them at ATH, so I GOTTA' sit on hands and wait for a decent dip. I have a feeling we'll have a dip in July in those. That's the plan.

The temptation to trade what I see on the charts is strong. VERY strong. Gotta' resist, because trading history has taught me lessons. I hope I have learned a couple.

Flat for the holiday weekend. Happy 4th of July for the USA viewers. Please go blow shit up. :)

Last edited: Jul 2, 2021
    #348     Jul 2, 2021
  9. @Overnight great journal. Have you thought of putting together a check list so you avoid cognitive biases in your trading decisions?

#349     Jul 7, 2021
  10. Overnight

Overnight

I have a mental check-list, and it has not helped my cognitive bull-bias. The only thing I have at the moment on the list is...DON'T GO LONG AT ATH! Wait for a decent dip.

Here's what happens when you go long at or near ATH. Post #344

https://www.elitetrader.com/et/threads/and-they-have-a-plan-live.306838/page-35#post-5405139

You get stuck in a long drawdown.

Am I missing out on the new ATH coming every damned day? Yep!

But I would rather be out of the market for a month(s) and wait for a dip to buy into than be IN the market at a top and suffer a month(s)-long drawdown.

#350     Jul 7, 2021