...And They Have a Plan. (Live.)

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Overnight, Feb 14, 2017.

1. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Your PRIMARY chart-type is not appropriate(at this time) for your trade style/methods.
    Why not use it as an indicator-like/alternative-view along with a different PRIMARY chart-type?

#201     Sep 27, 2019
  2. Overnight

Overnight

It is the only style I know. Changing my bar-type now, after 5 years of studying them, would just tack on more time to learn a whole new way of seeing the market action. I am no spring chicken. I have to work with what I have burned into my mind's-eye.

#202     Sep 27, 2019
  3. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Excuses for everything.

Maybe you would find a different chart type easier to use. Maybe not. IDK. Nor do you, apparently!! Regardless, you seem to think that once you have knowledge about "something", that there is nothing else to learn or that can assist. Trading is dynamic. There is NOTHING stopping you from trying or whatever, EXCEPT YOU!!

if you say so, then it is true... for you.

#203     Sep 27, 2019
  4. Overnight

Overnight

Exactly. I know what would happen to my thinking process if I change to another bar-type. Every trader is unique.

You call it an "excuse". I call it acknowledging the reality of my own being, and knowing my ability to adapt to new visual cues.

#204     Sep 27, 2019
  5. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

Mozart was deaf.
    Shaq can not be a purse-winning horse jockey.

You are unwilling to adapt. You are stuck.
    Prove yourself correct. Or prove me wrong.
    Trading is dynamic. Adapt or quit.

Enjoy your vacay.

#205     Sep 27, 2019
  6. Overnight

Overnight

I'll accept your constructive criticism tiddly, but you are crossing a line in my journal. Do YOU have any journal here on ET, in any form? Do you have trading logs with real money?

If you do and I have missed them, please post the link. If you have not yet started a journal, then please do. Before you criticize my journey, take the journey yourself. Take the red pill, dude.

Proof? I am proving myself in this journal with my real money entries. I am proving that I am doing it with real money. That is all the "proof" I need.

Don't mess with me tiddlywinks, please. I like you.

#206     Sep 27, 2019
  7. Overnight

Overnight

Well, I did it again. WITH AVERAGING! This time it took 2 1/2 weeks to resolve.

Will be transitioning to day trading next week as I seem to have entries, targets and stops down, mostly, based on sim performance. See sim journal for details. I just could not get my head clear with this last live swing on.

tradedetail up to 10112019.JPG

Average on that 3-lot was 7831.00. So 21 points of profit. After watching it go into profit 3 other times during the 2-week slugfest, I figured GTFO now so I can be free of the shackles of swinging through a trade war, and a fed war, and a war...FOR YOUR MIND! lol!

So what it went 60 points or so over that target. It has happened before, it will happen again. Kinda' like Battlestar Galactica *shrugs*

#207     Oct 11, 2019
    Snuskpelle likes this.
  8. Overnight

Overnight

Continuing on from last live log update pic...

Feeling way more confident about using stops and targets, (and judgment when working a trade manually.) Flip this to mini and use two contracts, I would be happy.

Oral surgery on Monday, so prolly not going to try much live trading next week except the occasional dip into the micro pool. Unless I'm not in a lot of pain and can focus. We'll see.

sim detail 10252019.JPG sim summary10252019.JPG

Again, I can live with these stats. And I cannot shake the whole 70th percentile thing on profitable trades. I don't know if that is good or bad. Seems to me, from what many folks say, is that a simple ~50-50 or 60-40 ratio, with larger winners and smaller losers, is the ideal scenario. That idea does not sit well with me.

(And I hated my performance on today's trades, the last 3 of the trade log. On a 100-point up day, that's all I could manage? Good grief.)

#208     Oct 25, 2019
  9. Overnight

Overnight

Monday was hell, stayed away, but took it slow the whole week. The GC trade was a classic of example of getting caught in chop. Bugger.

sim detail 11012019.JPG

And as you can probably see, this is total proof that certain folks who tout high win rates do not really understand the whole picture, clearly.
    sim summary11012019.JPG

High win rate (or any rate for that matter.)

Flom

#209     Nov 1, 2019
  10. High win rate pretty much implies high drawdowns when they do happen. I'm going to guess that they're an aspect of your practice of averaging down - which has exactly that kind of profile.

Maybe you should look into hedging with options. :D

#210     Nov 11, 2019