And The Race Is On - Daily Gallup Tracking Romney +2% Over Obama

Discussion in 'Politics' started by JamesL, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Lucrum

Lucrum

I bookmarked the posts where you claimed to have had flying lessons then later denied it. Is that an acceptable substitute?

#41     Apr 17, 2012

2. Looking good.Ohio's and Florida's Republican governors are very unpopular.Obama has higher approval ratings then both of them

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#42     Apr 17, 2012
  3. Mercor

Mercor

Washington (CNN) -- A new poll Tuesday showed voters are willing to give Mitt Romney a fresh look now that he is the certain Republican presidential nominee, and the former Massachusetts governor picked up public backing from the top GOP leaders in the House and Senate.

The CNN/ORC International poll showed that Romney's popularity is starting to rebound now that the divisiveness of the Republican primaries appears to be all but over.

According to the survey, 44% of people questioned said they have a favorable view of Romney, up 10 points from February, while 43% said they have an unfavorable opinion, down 11 points, and 13% were unsure.

According to the poll, 53% of Americans plan to give Romney a second look when the primaries are officially over, with 45% saying they already know enough about Romney to decide whether he would be a good president.

"The Republican Party's favorable rating has also rebounded now that the nomination fight is all but over, from 35% in March to 41%," said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. "That still puts the GOP several points behind the Democratic party's 46% rating, but it is an indication that the wounds have started to heal from the primary season."

#43     Apr 17, 2012
  4. JamesL

JamesL

5. pspr

pspr

#45     Apr 18, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Well now, I seem to recall saying the very same thing about polls back when AK47 spammed all those comparisons showing Obama vs. (insert candidate name) constantly.

As I said then, once Romney was the chosen one to go against Obama, voters would consolidate around him.

#46     Apr 18, 2012
  7. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Oh I think you are being proved to have been correct about that consolidation effect.

#47     Apr 18, 2012
  8. Wallet

Wallet

The polls are slanted and weighted by their creators to give credence to the political catch phrase of the day, specially during the campaigns..... however no poll wants to be way off target come election day, it looks bad on them, so they balance their numbers to reflect a more accurate read the closer we get to elections or when the appropriate question is no longer valid.

#48     Apr 18, 2012
  9. Better keep a watch on Obama. He's dumb like a fox. His rhetoric reminds me of this scene.
    <iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/weSB1dk-X8g" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#49     Apr 18, 2012