And the DOW is in the GREEN! HAHAHA

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bluematrix, May 23, 2013.

1. How did you get a table to show up in your post?

#51     May 23, 2013
  2. zdreg

zdreg

some retort. did you ever leave the school yard?

#52     May 23, 2013
  3. S2007S

S2007S

Nikkei was down 7% last night.

I was just thinking how impossible that would be for the US markets, as soon as the selling kicks in to overdrive they would halt all systems...

Nikkei was up over 400 points earlier now down close to 200. Now thats volatility!
    We need some that here.

By the way another guy Craig Johnson was on CNBC tonight touting spx to 2000 by 2014!

Everyone is getting more bullish than the next!

#53     May 24, 2013
  4. S2007S

S2007S

#54     May 24, 2013
  5. this is a perfect clear indication that the top is in and we're now heaing south.

and volatility generally picks up at top when it's taking a turn. so all the signs indicate we're going down from here.

but then again no one really knows what the fishermen's plan are today.

#55     May 24, 2013
  6. bonds

bonds

Are we going to see deja vu all over again today? ES futures down 10 this morning... a little selling on the open with some volume then a float back up to green on low volume today?

Any thoughts?

#56     May 24, 2013
  7. toolazy

toolazy

in last leg up starting in nov, we can see 4 smaller uptrends with corresponding shakeouts.

Last uptrend is the steepest.

From my statistical database, buying now is a high risk low reward scenario. I would use stops if you keen to buy.

#57     May 24, 2013
  8. TILT2

TILT2

Fed will hold the stock as long as they can, so there are plenty of opportunities to buy!

#58     May 24, 2013
  9. i made a joke bet this morning that the dow will go positive and close down. i have this theory that the computer trading programs from 1030 to 3 move the market is the direction of the trend each day to extend the rally. the computers play for fractions of a cent and go home flat so no risk to them. when the trend turns negative and market drops they will have hearings in congress about computer trading making the markets go down.

i don't mind the buy the dips play anymore my feeling is if the market breaks down there is going to be a lot of longs at the top. if i am wrong i am wrong. it won't be the first or last time that's for sure. the market can just have crazy money and will go up to the moon i don't know the answers its all a game.

#59     May 24, 2013

10. now you know why so many hedge funds who been in the business for decades closed down over the past year.

this is no longer a free market. it's become a political tool.

japan is down 10% in two days. they call it a CORRECTION!! europe is down 3-4% over the past two days. US almost flat.

so once we see a 10% drop next week it will be considered a correction!

I wouldn't be surprised at all if the markets go down 10-20% next week.

#60     May 24, 2013