And the DOW is in the GREEN! HAHAHA

Discussion in 'Trading' started by bluematrix, May 23, 2013.

1. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

I took a look at his trades today, as follows. I'm not sure why on earth you think this kind of trading is worthwhile or worth emulating.

Nitro's first series of shorts :

More recently :

So at 1650, his net profit / loss on his continued position ( no stated sell at any point on here ) is :

Short 9 units at a total loss of 1652. Break even of entire trade is SPX hits 1478. Seems even doable on a fantasy level. However, making this trade with any meaningful base capital has to trigger significant margin calls. I don't trade SPX so I can't confirm this, and Nitro has never confirmed how much money he's put in ( I suspect zero ).

Lastly, and perhaps more importantly, the opportunity cost of simply not going long the market lingers. Even if one can meet the margin, and somehow by repeatably adding to your losing position you break even, the risk you took seems large.

#42     May 23, 2013
  2. you know NOTHING. you likely have a high school degree, maybe, borrowed 1k from mommy and blew up 10 years ago. now you cry like a girl and get all mad you have NO IDEA about any market at all..

now super size my order and go wash the bathroom.

oh yea, mommy is on line 1....Clean your room!!!!

#43     May 23, 2013
  3. S2007S

S2007S

If you bought premarket you made risk free money again...did anyone believe the Dow would have posted triple digit losses. Nope

#44     May 23, 2013
  4. hey why don't we both put 5k in an escrow maybe someone will help us with it even big mouth. i will show you just one account with 50k i don't need to get anymore personal than that. do you have money to back up your big mouth?

#45     May 23, 2013
  5. 5k is NOTHING

50k is NOTHING

I show 100k in bank account, house paid off (over 350k)

then we go to trading account(s)

you really want to play with the big boys?

get some real money....this is the MINIMUM.

#46     May 23, 2013
  6. if you don't think i got 50k make the bet i don't want to get anymore personal than that on here. i am in a short fund for low risk its not a margin trade even. you wanted to call me out so i am giving you a shot.

#47     May 23, 2013
  7. Come on you two. Let me settle this. Not only is my dick twice as big as both of you, but my IQ raises our combined average by over 100 points.

#48     May 23, 2013
  8. i don't know about the first but your long stock so your smarter than me right off the bat. i always have next month though haha

#49     May 23, 2013
  9. Its best to have a long stock to avoid being called marginal. :D

#50     May 23, 2013