...And stocks lived happily ever after. The End.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by DeepFried, Sep 28, 2006.

1. Straight up 9+ % in 2 1/2 months. Barely a cloud on the horizon, according to the the press and the street. I'm all for just riding along with a bull market but this is starting to seem weird. It reminds a bit of some of the springtime rallies during the late '90's when a half a dozen downticks on the S&P was considered a correction.

There's another thread about a crash on Monday. I don't think there's any way that will happen but I wonder if any of these gains will be pulled off the table in October.

2. That guy Tony Dwyer on CNBC today said 1450 by end of year which would make it 230'sh spoos points in less than 6 months. THen things taper off in 2007 as he only expects 1550 by end of year. Hardly worth waking up for.

Oh BTW, 3 points down on the futures begs to be bought, always.

3. There is going to be a lot of pressure to chase performance into year end. Regardless of how bad the real economy is there is still plenty of financial firepower left to get this thing to 1400. A lot of hf's havent had a good year. They may decide to bet the farm on the long side. Besides its opm. The market likes inflation and its still going strong

4. fader

fader

it's funny but you never ever see comments like this when the market has been down big for some weeks and volatility has spiked up big time.

best of luck.

5. Bulls and mooks running wild.

6. I think it will be interesting to see how the market trades if it heads higher. Will it be a low vol grind up like the last 4 years and now or perhaps a melt up where derivative players are forced out of hedges and vol expands. I hope its the latter.

7. it's really funny seeing this unwind. every suck on cnbc has a vested interest to hype this. obviosuly the economy is starting to tunr down a bit but the suckers in the media will do there best to stave it off till after xmas.4 years and not a 10% spoos correction,a 11 vix and not a care in the world. damm perfect time to crash this pig