And Ron Paul takes the lead in Iowa

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Dec 19, 2011.

1. It is, and I am assuming the POTUS to not have lost his mind.

#31     Dec 19, 2011
  2. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Like me.

#32     Dec 19, 2011
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Giuliani got 1% in Iowa simply because he never showed up there. He said he'd "wait for Florida".

#33     Dec 19, 2011
  4. But, and this has troubled me, the last two Presidents we have had have gone to war without the consent of Congress. So it might be something that our collective organization will have to work out someday. I fear that day, and I hope it never comes.

#34     Dec 19, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

He never showed up there because the guy lived with a drag queen for awhile in NY! LOL. I'm dead serious, you have no idea how conservative Iowa is. Rudy never would have gotten any support there. And it's shocking that Romney is even getting 20%. I'm betting there are no more then 10 Mormons in the entire state and they are probably driving through. LOL.

#35     Dec 19, 2011
  6. rew

rew

Fools who want war, war, war will vote for Obama or stay home on election day. Hopefully this country doesn't have <i>that</i> many fools.

#36     Dec 19, 2011
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

As for the Paul going 3rd party talk. In my opinion, he needs to win NH to do that. NH is a libertarian state. Maybe the most libertarian in the country. If as a libertarian he cannot win a libertarian state, there really is no way he can justify going 3rd party. The demand has to be there.

#37     Dec 19, 2011
  8. Much as I'd like to see him get the nomination, it'll be difficult considering the media effort against him. Once a few more Republican candidates drop out, the media will consolidate around Mittens. Most Americans just believe whatever the TV tells them.
    What would be really interesting though, is if Paul doesn't get the nomination and runs as an independent with a Democratic running mate. There are still some decent Democrats who haven't completely sold out to the Establishment. Maybe he could even find an African American Democrat and really shake things up.

#38     Dec 19, 2011
  9. He can justify it based on his support and fundraising, and it will be much to the chagrin of the Republican party.

#39     Dec 19, 2011
  10. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

His VP choice will be interesting (assuming it gets that far) since Paul aint no spring chicken.

#40     Dec 19, 2011