And Ron Paul takes the lead in Iowa

Discussion in 'Politics' started by DemZad, Dec 19, 2011.

1. That because the liberal/conservative moniker is for us, not them. Nothing you did not know. It doesn't surprise me one bit. I used to always wonder why they would call the President, Mr. President instead of saying, President Clinton or President Bush, or President Obama. Now I understand that it is because it does not really matter who is sitting in that chair. You will do what you are told.

#21     Dec 19, 2011
  2. Right now Rasmussen has Paul in third in NH (four pts behind the imploding Newt)

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...lection_2012_new_hampshire_republican_primary

And while he is still a bit weak in SC, most polls available still reflect support for Herman Cain...ergo, the stew hasn't settled. Either way, if he wins Iowa, and places second or third in NH, how would that support your belief that Ron Paul is a non factor in this race?

#22     Dec 19, 2011
  3. Max E.

Max E.

Arent you the same guy who was threatening to shoot people for disrespecting the president? Looks like your schizophrenia is back in high gear today.

#23     Dec 19, 2011
  4. They will have an impossible time buying him off. They gave up on that years ago and switched to just trying to get rid of him. They failed.

I think we are in complete agreement here.

#24     Dec 19, 2011
  5. The GOP is in deep trouble either way. Their base does not want Romney, the mainline does not want Newt, not do they really want Paul, because they cannot control him.

If they smarten up and take Paul, He takes Obama's youth vote and almost all independents. It's over.

Anyone else will not be able overcome the raw power than an incumbent has.

The dems are running against Mittens. I think that is the best move at this stage for them.

I see Paul's hurdle as that CR act of 1965, that he has publicly said that he would not support. The media, and I mean all of them, will pull this card if Paul gets strong, especially with this furor going on about voter ID cards.

He had better be ready to answer this well. Ron Paul is an honest man, which means he has no friends anywhere in power currently.

No friends at CNN, which is center left, no friends at msnbc, hard left, no friends even at Fox( which actually does surprise me a bit).

So he has a very uphill battle.

#25     Dec 19, 2011
  6. Since you are not in the military it does not surprise that you would take that statement out of context.

Yes, if called upon to do so by the US government, I will defend the POTUS. That is an oath I have taken, and it does not go away simply because I am honorably discharged.

The POTUS is the commander in chief of the Armed Forces of the United States and if you ever join, you are a member for life.

So I am not schizoid, you are just simply confused.

#26     Dec 19, 2011
  7. i heard a left leaning commentator make a case for ron paul this weekend. it goes like this:
    we know ron paul is wacky but he has some progressive leanings. namely anti military intervention and civil liberties. things obama has disappointed the left on. if we support ron paul we gain in those areas.
    congress controls spending and neither side will support ron pauls crazy ideas there so there is little danger anything ron paul says about spending will happen.
    so all that means that since obama is governing as a republican now progressives can support ron paul and actually gain progressive ideas in a few areas like war and civil liberties..

#27     Dec 19, 2011
  8. Agreed that the race card will be played liberally (no pun). The good news is his stance on the CR act is in line with his basic philosophy of adhering to the Constitution. This attack has been tried many times before, though not on as big of a stage.

#28     Dec 19, 2011
  9. Remember, a lawful order is any order given by a competent higher authority that any reasonable person would not consider to be contrary to the laws of the United States (that was the definition when I was in).

#29     Dec 19, 2011
  10. Sounds like the Ed show:D

An honest man running for the highest office. I am sure the secret service has already been employed.:)

#30     Dec 19, 2011