And once again the US government "Wag the Dog".

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Aug 11, 2006.

1. .

August 10, 2006

SouthAmerica: This morning as soon as I listened to the radio and heard the news about the latest terror threat to the United States – the first thought that came to mind was: “Here we go again.”

The latest crisis in the Middle East between Israel and Lebanon was spinning out of control – the chaos in Iraq is so great that the mainstream media stopped reporting on the Iraq war – What the US government should do?

Here comes the British to the rescue with their version of “ Wag the Dog.”

By now the US government is so discredited that they needed a little help from the Brits. And the Brits did play their part: “Look what I found – the timing was perfect – and how convenient………………………..

The Middle East crisis and chaos is expanding and spinning out of control; first in Iraq and now also in Israel and Lebanon – and what every American news program covered all day long today and completely dominated the news?

The long lines on airports and how people can’t take shampoo, toothpaste, hair gel, and other cosmetics with them if they are going to fly on a major airline.

In the meantime, you don’t hear a word about what is happening in Iraq from the American mainstream media. It seems to me that since Iraq is out of sight - problem solved.

The timing of these terror threats are becoming so obvious that it is “Pathetic” and the only thing that it is accomplishing is: annoying a hell of the people who need to travel.

Sorry guys, but I don't believe on those terror threats anymore - you can "Cry Wolf" only so many times before most people realizes what is going on.

2. Yeah. Hard to trust anything that come from these 2 governments who virtually assured us of the lethal threat from Iraqi WMD's. I have similar doubts and started a similar thread tonite- http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=74737

3. .

August 11, 2006

SouthAmerica: With the American mainstream media concentrating all their coverage today on a possible terrorist attack against American airline carriers – and the US government decision to take away from travelers their toothpaste, hair gel, shaving cream, and other cosmetics I realized that this type of airport security would not stop a terrorist attack if the terrorists were really up to kill a lot of people.

Terrorists are trained on how to terrorize people and create chaos. All a terrorist would need inside an airplane is a match and a little imagination.

For example, I remember of the case of the VARIG Airlines accident near Paris in 1973 where 10 of 17 crew survived, and only 1 of 117 passengers. The crew jumped out from the burning aircraft without bothering for the passengers, even that single passenger was saved by the firemen minutes later. Photos were published worldwide at that time of the surviving crew holding their tax-free bags as they left behind the dying passengers.

A careless smoker started the Varig Airlines Boeing 707 fire in Paris in July I973, after doing some research they found out that the fire had originated in a lavatory area.

But today, could it be possible for 1, or 2, or 3, or 4 terrorists for that matter to light up a big fire inside a commercial airliner when they are flying over the ocean?

The Varig fire started when the airplane was only 5 minutes away from landing at the airport of Paris – that’s why 11 people survived out of a total of 134 people.

If the fire had been started when the airplane was much further away from the airport, then that airplane would have crashed with no survivors.

If a terrorist group is really up to no good it will be very hard to stop them, and there are too many things that they can do from inside or outside an airliner that can kill a lot of passengers.

Maybe the way to prevent a terrorist attack inside a commercial carrier is if the US government started requiring that people who fly on these airplanes should be dressed only with their underwear and nothing else.

4. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

I didn't realize South America was a target of anything. Certainly not an object of anyone's interest.

Sorry guy, I don't give a shit what you believe, nor does anyone that matters in this country. Sure, you'll have your leftist crackpot supporters, no-one that matters though.

Get back on your banana boat and set sail back to the third world.

5. .

neophyte321: Sorry guy, I don't give a shit what you believe, nor does anyone that matters in this country. Sure, you'll have your leftist crackpot supporters, no-one that matters though.

Get back on your banana boat and set sail back to the third world.

August 11, 2006

SouthAmerica: Reply to Neophyte

This is the kind of sermon one would expect from a priest located on a redneck state. Where are you located in Brobeck Mountain?

Neophyte:
    Roman Catholic Church: A newly ordained priest.
    A novice of a religious order or congregation.
    A recent convert to a belief
    A beginner or novice

6. Brobeck Mountain?

7. i find it amazingly convenient as well.... and old georgey right back up there pontificating on what a great job he is doing....

coincidence that its always britain and the US foiling these threats??

8. neophyte321

neophyte321 Guest

touche', whatever the hell the above means.

I have read a number of your posts, and I find many less than courteous. You flee your third-world squalor for the US, than fill this message board with inane post after inane post of America bashing.

I'll repeat, get back on your banana boat and set sail back to your third-world shithole.

A beautiful thing just happened to me, I discovered the ignore list, (Yes, must be because I'm such an ignorant-stupid american that it took me so long), and you sir are second on my list.

9. .

neophyte321: I have read a number of your posts, and I find many less than courteous.

August 11, 2006

SouthAmerica: Reply to neophyte321

I threat people accordingly to the type of courtesy that they extend to me.

If you are civil I am also civil with you - But when a redneck "Jackass" such as yourself attack me I return the favor.

Please go back to your Brobeck Mountain.