...and E*Trade zeroes out the commissions as well

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by terr, Oct 2, 2019.

1. terr

terr

Now IB has to zero it on their main platform and not just IBKR Lite and the collapse of the former online brokerage business model will be complete.

2. Overnight

Overnight

trader99 likes this.
  3. now it's time to start speculating on merger speculation trades, which Etrade should be the one

4. R1234

R1234

Exactly. IBKR Pro is now the standout still charging commissions (how fast things changed in a week LOL). IBKR Pro claims that the commission is worth them not selling order flow and thus gives price improvement.

The only way to substantiate the claim is to trade the same strategy for several weeks or months at IBKR Pro and perhaps ThinkOrSwim which is now zero commission.

Given my volume of trading I am thinking of trying this experiment very soon. I am giddy with all the new possibilities!

5. if thinkorswim charges free commission, i guess lots of pro traders will move there given ibpro does not give in. but it looks like thinkorswim offers 0 commission on etf only.

6. "With this new commission schedule we are further raising the bar, delivering an unrivaled experience at price points that cannot be beat," said E-Trade CEO Mike Pizzi.

gotta love it. "unrivaled." nevermind all their rivals did it first.

7. R1234

R1234

not just ETFs. They state "Announcing $0 commissions on online stock, ETF and option trades**"

8. it looks like thinkorswim
    when thinkorswim say "online stock", does it mean all US traded around 7000 stocks? does thinkorswim provide api to trade stock? 0-commission IB lite does not have api.

9. R1234

R1234

Pretty sure that's the case

no idea. But they have a nice scripting language within the platform.

10. Is it 0.00 commission on option stock trading??

Thnc

#10     Oct 3, 2019