And another day trader bites the dust

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by MrRenev, Oct 15, 2020.

1. deaddog

deaddog

I spent them on fast cars, old whisky, young women and some I squandered foolishly.

#51     Oct 16, 2020
    KCalhoun and Axon like this.
  2. MrRenev

MrRenev

Not sure how you guys brains work.

THEY LOOKED AT ENTIRE COUNTRIES AND DID NOT FIND THOUSANDS OF TRADERS MAKING A LIVING AS DAY TRADERS. THEY DID NOT EVEN FIND DOZENS OF DAY TRADERS THAT MADE A LIVING. ENTIRE COUNTRIES. FRANCE. BRAZIL. TAIWAN. AND THE 3 OR 4 IN A MILLION THAT MAKE MONEY MAKE MAC DONALD WAGE AND THEY DO WHILE TAKING HUGE RISKS EVERY DAY. DAY TRADING IS STUPID. NO ONE EVER HEARD OF ANYONE THAT MADE MONEY WITH THIS.

WHAT DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND IN ENTIRE COUNTRIES?

You people smh. Plus if you think day trading makes sense it just shows you have no clue about market structure, about trends, about maths, and about what quants do.

As I said day gamblers will keep arguing and I'll keep laughing when they bite the dust.
    As most of day gamblers are cowards once they get rekt they will vanish OR keep talking like nothing happened, but I can smell it :D

#52     Oct 16, 2020
  3. speedo

speedo

ET lol

#53     Oct 16, 2020
    qlai and Heydrrich like this.
  4. danielc1

danielc1

Maybe MrRenev wants to make a bet about his opinion?

#54     Oct 16, 2020
  5. speedo

speedo

MrRenev likely lacks the means to bet and is not to be trusted with risk in any event. But for the illiteracy and abject ignorance, I'd have suspected a marketsurf sock puppet.

#55     Oct 16, 2020
  6. NoahA

NoahA

Absolutely right. Trading is about as fair of a game as it gets out there. In the workplace, you can easily have a boss that hates you, or a co-worker that has it in for you. This may very well be no fault of your own, and yet, you have to suffer the consequences. But with trading, it is 100% on you. No boss to impress or customer to brainwash to buy your shit. In some ways, its about as fair and just as its going to get in life since your success or failure is dependent 100% on you.

#56     Oct 16, 2020
    Sprout, volpri, JSOP and 1 other person like this.
  7. JSOP

JSOP

Exact reason why I prefer trading over anything else. You and you alone make your own future, shape your own destiny aside from the unscrupulous brokers, unfair and braindead regulations and manipulations from crooks that you have to deal with from time to time. But that's all part of the game. It comes with the job just like you have to deal with traffic jams in commuting.

#57     Oct 16, 2020
    Sprout, qlai and NoahA like this.
  8. NoahA

NoahA

And, unlike just about any other business, we can make money when things are going downhill fast. When many worry about getting laid off, it's very possible that have an above average PnL.

#58     Oct 16, 2020
    JSOP and qlai like this.
  9. MrRenev

MrRenev

Gotta love day traders arguing, because I have to assume this is what they are.
    Too low IQ to figure out I never said it was impossible to make money trading, and to figure out I clearly said DAY trading, and I never said it was impossible to make money day trading either, and someone just randomly decides I tried day trading (I always thought it was dumb).
    No excuse. I was very clear, in the title AND in the first line AND in the last line I precised DAY trader. No excuse, good luck wiggling yourselves out of that one.

I love making fun of day gamblers I think they are ridiculous. The name itself is so dumb sounds like weekend soldier or something. Hey guys I'm a day breather. I'm a day entrepreneur. Hi we are the day police you guys have fun burning and looting at night our trading day is over then :D
    Man how do people come up with such an idea? Got so weak willpower that brokers can get you to do anything they want?
    So eager to be wagecucks you need to be reminded of trading time for money?

#59     Oct 16, 2020
  10. Tradex

Tradex

So I guess we should simply assume that you are a failed day-trader with a severe "I can't do it so nobody can" mentality.
    Fair enough?

#60     Oct 16, 2020