And another day trader bites the dust

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by MrRenev, Oct 15, 2020.

1. qlai

qlai

Well, it’s also possible that most traders are nerdy introverts and simply lack the charisma necessary to be in the spotlight. New times create new type of traders. Just like Elon Musk is not your typical CEO of the past. Something to consider.

#31     Oct 15, 2020
    S-Trader likes this.
  2. deaddog

deaddog

And you didn't explain why the day trader will always come out ahead.

upload_2020-10-15_18-52-17.png

#32     Oct 15, 2020
  3. themickey

themickey

Brilliant!!!

#33     Oct 15, 2020
    qlai likes this.
  4. SunTrader

SunTrader

Traders trade.

Oh I guess now that we have a President that doesn't act Presidential anything is possible.

But no, if a trader has to shill ... it is because they can't trade. Period.

#34     Oct 15, 2020
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

LOL

Nice pic. :rolleyes:

SPY after hours. Who trades dat?

#35     Oct 15, 2020
  6. deaddog

deaddog

No one I know. The point was that stocks move more when the markets are closed than when they are open. The day trader being flat at the end of each day is at a disadvantage to the long term trader.

#36     Oct 15, 2020
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

No SPY is not "stocks".

Don't believe analysis by someone else unless you know exactly the methodology they are using and the quality of data that is input.

Just as an example last two days:-

ES range today (Thurs) Globex 52.75 RTH 49.50
    ES range yest (Weds) Globex 30.25 RTH 48.25

Just like small daily ranges overall are followed by large ranges, after hours ranges are sometimes larger than RTH's and sometimes not.

There are advantages and disadvantages to any approach. No one size fits all.

#37     Oct 15, 2020
  8. realtrades

realtrades

All you need to make it as a day trader is $1k, you can easily turn that into about $4 million in as little as 7 months.

#38     Oct 15, 2020
    TrailerParkTed and themickey like this.
  9. deaddog

deaddog

The post I was questioning is that a day trader will always outperform a long term trader.

#39     Oct 15, 2020
  10. o look, the weekly "day traders dont make money because I dont try hard enough, and Ive read studies" thread.

Im sorry to say - studies arent the end all be all, not to mention most people misinterpret the data. Most studies can be picked apart.

Appeal to authority bias is real and i see it everyday from people here and real life.

#40     Oct 15, 2020
    Real Money likes this.