And another day trader bites the dust

Discussion in 'Risk Management' started by MrRenev, Oct 15, 2020.

1. Tradex

Tradex

Again, trading does not mean you have to stay glued to the screen 12 hours a day, 250 days a year, far from it.

#101     Oct 21, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.
  2. SunTrader

SunTrader

I know. There are many things to do ... besides trading - of any aspect. That is why I (and many others) live where we do.

#102     Oct 21, 2020
  3. KCalhoun

KCalhoun

Why not diversify? I can send an email to my big email list to sell a new course for $97 and get 60 sales for a quick 6k. I've done extremely well because I have so many repeat customers. It more than covers my stop losses.

#103     Oct 21, 2020
    TrailerParkTed and Tradex like this.
  4. Tradex

Tradex

Yep, the money is in the list, as far as email marketing (a powerful money-making tool) is concerned. Keep up the good work Mr. Calhoun.

#104     Oct 21, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.
  5. SunTrader

SunTrader

Correct me if I am wrong but you don't trade through automated strats? Strats not filters or scanners which yes are automatic, but are not strats doing all the entries and exits for you while you do something else.

If that is the case the doing something else during that time is .... not trading per se. It pays the bills no doubt. To each their own. But top doctors/lawyers/architects/etc who are making buck don't feel the need to supplement their income. Traders the same. Again to each their own.

#105     Oct 22, 2020
  6. danielc1

danielc1

@SunTrader : Everyone always should diversify income streams. Traders, doctors, layers, white collar, blue collar, everyone. It has nothing to do with how good you are at your craftsman ships, but with the risk everyone has: being depandable on your own activity to make money. That is the highest risk there is for your income.

#106     Oct 22, 2020
  7. SunTrader

SunTrader

Why should they?

And why haven't they got the memo.

Remember we are talking about income, not investments.

#107     Oct 22, 2020
  8. danielc1

danielc1

ok, my bad, you are right. They did not get the memo and income out of an investment is not an income.

#108     Oct 22, 2020
  9. deaddog

deaddog

But Ken you make your living as an educator. The only reason you trade is to get people to pay you to watch. It is still up in the air if you are a profitable trader as you don't post your performance.

I don't think you are diversifying, I think you have to trade to give the impression you know your stuff. Like you said your educational sales cover your trading losses.

#109     Oct 22, 2020
  10. SunTrader

SunTrader

You got that memo. But you sure didn't get the memo about the prior discussion.

#110     Oct 22, 2020