Analyst Predicts One Million Ron Paul Supporters Online by 2008

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sihastru, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Perhaps. I think a free market is a good thing when it benefits everyone. But outside of lifting individual donation restrictions how could that benefit a third or fourth party candidate? The bulk of the money will still come from special interest groups looking to further their own cause. Right?

Grassroots...let them walk the countryside and give speeches in each town. That would weed out the weak. :D

#61     Jun 13, 2007
  2. Who gives a rats ass who his running mate is if he wins the nomination?

#62     Jun 19, 2007
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Well, since you only have a few minutes inbetween social studies class and gym class, let me give you a little bit of history. In 1992 when Ross Perot had a very legitimate shot at winning the presidency (he was polling even with Clinton and Bush) he announced his running mate, James Stockdale. I have nothing negative to say about Stockdale, a former veteran who honorably served his country, but he was obviously not the right choice for the ticket and Perot's support was cut in half. Then in the VP debates Stockdale imploded.

So yes Bigarrow, it does matter who Paul's running mate is. Go back to class now. I hear your bell ringing.

#63     Jun 19, 2007
  4. <object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/o3oVjdGLF30"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/o3oVjdGLF30" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

#64     Jun 19, 2007
  5. Dude Stockdale was a f--king nutjob. Perrot's VP decision doomed his entire candidacy.

#65     Jun 19, 2007
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Isn't that what I just said? LOL.

#66     Jun 19, 2007
  7. stockdale was a nervous wreck before and during that debate.... he had guts just going on there.

what ruined perot was his withdrawing from the contest when they threatened to kill his daughter.

#67     Jun 19, 2007
  8. Some guys who in person are nice as can be can be a real prick on line. I'll assume you are probably nice in person.

#68     Jun 19, 2007