Analyst Predicts One Million Ron Paul Supporters Online by 2008

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sihastru, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

Murdoch and Hillary have been close for many years. At least since the mid 90's.

#31     Jun 11, 2007
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

It's not that I don't like Ron Paul, it's just that unfortunately that very few people on this thread understand how government works.

If you really are sincere about change and getting people "like" Ron Paul elected President, you don't start with the Presidency! You start at the local level. You elect these guys in your state senate and house. Then you elect them for the US House and US senate. The way our government is setup now, Ron Paul would have nobody in Washington getting his back for any of these ideas he has. Everything would be gridlock. He would not be able to abolish the IRS. He would not be able to get rid of the department of education, he would not be able to get rid of welfare, or get the government to stop funding abortions. In order for a guy like Ron Paul to be successful, you need many Ron Pauls in the House and Senate. So that is where you start. Not with the White House.

But all these little kids on this site get all excited screaming out Ron's name as if he would get anything done if on the off chance he did get elected. I personally have nothing against the guy. I'm all for stopping federal funding of abortions. I'm all for abolishing the IRS. I also live in the real world and that shit is not going to happen. But if it really makes you feel better to think it will, then don't let me spoil your wet dream.

#32     Jun 11, 2007
  3. Chill out man. I was just asking you a question.

#33     Jun 11, 2007
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

And I answered. Don't take it so personally. Relax.

#34     Jun 11, 2007
  5. Turok

Turok

Rat:
    > ... money is not as big of an
    >issue as it was in the past.

ROFLAO. OH MAN!!! Almost sucked the milk in my glass through my nose giggling at that one.

Good one Rat. Didn't know you were a comedian.

The winner this round is going to spend more than god.

JB

#35     Jun 11, 2007
  6. I'm cool, didn't take it personal at all. But I am going out to drink a beer, maybe two and get way relaxed and even cooler.

#36     Jun 11, 2007
  7. maybe. but then again you could argue that, even though they accomplished nothing but gridlock, and couldn't hope to abolish the EU with a single vote, the French and the Dutch knocked it on it's ass with the 2005 referendum vote.

even if he were surrounded by the current 534 traitorous scumbags that are in there now, a Paul win (or even good showing) would be a slap in the face signalling that a significant portion of people have been pushed to the point where they are ready to at least try to rectify things.

#37     Jun 11, 2007
  8. piezoe

piezoe

indahook said... There should be a cap on all funds spent. I think the cap should be the same number as the Presidents current salary. No commercials on TV or Radio. Live debates on public access, internet and printed news only.

Great idea, hugely important step toward reclaiming our representative democracy, but it's going to take amending the US Constitution. So let's amend it!

#38     Jun 12, 2007
  9. and yet ron paul is doing quite well tyvm. the exposure ron paul has gotten on the internet has been unparalleled... and it has been all FREEEEEEEEEEE !!!! i didn't say money isnt important. but ron paul can do what the others do on probably 60% of the funds.

#39     Jun 12, 2007
  10. well as we have seen, gridlock would be a great thing given Bush's horrendous track record. gridlock on amnesty is a good thing. gridlock on going into Iraq would have been a good thing.

and Ron Paul has already stated he can't do anything with out the people's help. but he can start to try. it would be great to have the local politicians already in place.. but thats not reality... the reality is right now.. we have a candidate for the highest office in the world.... and he's exceeding everyone's expectations. we are debating issues the mainstream media hates.... like abolishing the IRS and taking away the fed's power to charge illegal usury.

a few years ago... you risked everything even bringing up these issues. look at the way they tried to hurt ron paul when rudy attacked him... the people voted him as the winner. the mainstream tried to hide it.

these are great things.... and if they dont seriously hurt him... we are going to keep at it. i have never witnessed these dynamics in my whole life. previously, the controlled media would shut this stuff up and anyone that said differently was ridiculed and ostracized. they don't have the power they used to.

#40     Jun 12, 2007