Analyst Predicts One Million Ron Paul Supporters Online by 2008

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Sihastru, Jun 10, 2007.

1. Yes I have. And i`m a lifetime LP member.

I believe the system is broken. Just the fact that a candidate needs 25-50mm to compete is BS. There should be a cap on all funds spent. I think the cap should be the same number as the Presidents current salary. No commercials on TV or Radio. Live debates on public access, internet and printed news only.

#11     Jun 11, 2007
  2. let me guess .. you're a fred thompson kind of guy?

#12     Jun 11, 2007
  3. Maverick74

Maverick74

Nope. I'm undecided. I personally don't like any of the candidates. Ratboy, have you given money to Ron Paul yet?

#13     Jun 11, 2007
  4. undecided? who is it between... rudy and mitt? LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#14     Jun 11, 2007
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

How come you won't answer my question. Look, if Ron Paul's biggest supporter on ET won't even donate to his campaign, what does that really say about his chances of winning? It's an honest question. Your childish behavior here Ratboy is not winning over any supporters, neither is your lack of financial commitment.

#15     Jun 11, 2007
  6. all you do is criticize but then you have no solution. who are you considering? stop the childish games and tell us. besides fred thompson and maybe newt gingrich no one else is joining the race. you must have a few in mind. (this should be fun)

#16     Jun 11, 2007
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

LOL. Why won't you answer the question? Come on, I'm not attacking you. I'm just asking a very sincere, honest question. I know you are vocally supporting Ron Paul, but are you financially supporting him? Just tell us so we don't have another 10 pages of back and forth on this.

#17     Jun 11, 2007
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

OK, I will answer it. Reasons why RP is not getting more money contrary to his big online fanbase:

1. Most people who like him think he is not a viable candidate, thus see no point in supporting him with money. With online polls, yes, with money, no.

2. Most youngsters who are fan of him have no money on their own.

3. Not to be non-PC, but geeks who like him tend to be not politically active. Again, clicking on an online poll yes, going to an actual voting booth, no....
    (He is very popular on Digg.com, but how many of the core diggers ever voted on an election?)

#18     Jun 11, 2007
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Pekelo, I agree with you 100% and that is the point I'm trying to prove here. We have all these myspace geeks here screaming Ron Paul at the top of their lungs, but at the end of the day, they won't give him money and they won't even show up at the polls to vote for him.

And then they will come back on here and scream that their voice is not being heard and the system needs to change and the system is corrupt, blah, blah, blah.

The reason Ron Paul won't win is exactly because of the lack of follow through by his supporters, not the media or the party holding him down.

#19     Jun 11, 2007
  10. because your point has nothing to do with ron paul and his issues. yes... i have donated to ron paul as have other family members of mine. i have supported ron paul for 10 yrs. i will be working on his campaign as a volunteer .

here is the point though... voting is free. the media dynamics have changed. web 2.0 has brought new dynamics to the process... money is not as big of an issue as it was in the past. that being said, ron paul has surpassed his expectations financially and his dominance of the internet is due to his message not some mystical spammer dynamic.

what i noticed with your questioning was an attempt to minimize Paul's validity tying it to supporters financial contributions. yet you ignore the article someone posted which is very positive. then you fail to mention who you are considering. if your goal was to paint yourself as a fraud... mission accomplished!

#20     Jun 11, 2007