Analysis Software Info

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by SellShort, May 7, 2004.

1. amtrak

amtrak

Start with an IB account because MANY add-ons are available
    (e.g. "trade mgmt" pkgs like AutoTrader, BracketTrader, ButtonTrader, FuturesTrader, ZeroLineTrader, etc., for e-mini trading).

eSignal's Advanced Charting provides a STRAIGHTFORWARD javascript programming environment with MANY EXAMPLES
    for chart programming.

Wealth-lab provides very good backtesting capabilities, but...

To get the combination of charting, backtesting and other capabilities I needed, I have transitioned to Neoticker.
    The environment was tougher to learn but well worth it.

And I have left out many VERY GOOD software packages
    that met most but not all of my needs, like:
    QuoteTracker, StockWatchPro, Investor/RT and Tradestation.

Caveat: Just a junior member here, still trying to find my niche as a trader, but I've used (and liked) all the packages I listed.

#11     May 24, 2004
  2. nitro

nitro

Unless you know what you are doing, using a NN is close to being the most dangerous tool you can use in trading.

That said, if you know what you are doing, it can be the turning point in turning an already good system profitable.

nitro

#12     May 24, 2004
  3. nkhoi

nkhoi

here is my account
    -------------------------
    200 Symbols 8/21/2003 $0.00
    Chicago Board of Trade Mini-Sized Futures (Trial) 8/21/2003 $0.00
    Chicago Mercantile Exchange E-Minis (only) 8/21/2003 $15.00
    Credit - Market Depth Fee 8/21/2003 $0.00
    Credit - Service Fee 8/21/2003 $0.00
    eSig EQ Sub Fee Credit 8/21/2003 $0.00
    eSignal Premier 8/21/2003 $104.00
    Online Indices (EQ) 8/21/2003 $0.00
    Promotion - 1st Month Free 8/21/2003 $0.00

what do 200 symbols mean are they include stock symbol? because I have never be able to watch 5m chart of MSFT for example.

#13     May 24, 2004
  4. eSignal Support

eSignal Support eSignal

nkhoi,

From your list, you don't appear to be subscribing to any of the Stock Exchanges. If you want MSFT, just add Nasdaq to your account. If you are a non-pro, each of the US stock exchanges are $1/mo so you can add NYSE, Amex and NASD for $3/mo.

The symbol count refers to the number of concurrent symbols you can track in eSignal or a third party running on top of eSignal. You can rotate those symbols at anytime so you actually have access to hundreds of thousands of symbols with eSignal, just 200 at a time and tied to the exchanges you subscribe to.

Thanks.

#14     May 24, 2004
  5. nkhoi

nkhoi

no wonder live ref couldn't explain it to me and she was saying something like the reason I can't see the chart because I might have one chart obscure another chart, I just have to cut her off.

#15     May 24, 2004
  6. nick b

nick b

I haven't used the Platinum. Genesis is annoying as they want you to pay exhorbinant fees every time you go up another level. I have the Gold and it's about the same as TC 2000. No one I know has come up with the $$ for the Platinum. I've used MB Trading for about a year. Reasonably stable, cheap commissions and ok customer service. I use eSignal, but want to switch to something else and am considering Neoticker with a myTrack data feed.

#16     May 24, 2004
  7. SellShort

SellShort

to nick b

I agree, as I said earlier, the Genesis Platinum is $$. It also appears that no one who viewed this thread has used it. It's good to here that MB is reasonable. May I ask why you are leaving eSignal? What advantages does Neoticker and myTrack have?

#17     May 25, 2004
  8. Nothing like NNs to get perfectly curve fitted results :D

Agree with nitro... you better know whats up with NNs.

peace

axeman

#18     May 25, 2004
  9. nick b

nick b

to Sell Short ESignal is a resource hog and causes data freezes, even after I added 1G of ram. I wanted integration capability with MB and that did not work smoothly either. It is also a bit overpriced. Neoquest appears to have interesting and very capable software including the ability to use Jurik add-ons. MyTrack is just one of a few data vendors I am considering. Had them a few years ago and was pleased. I am not that experienced and am trying to settle in on a software/data platform that meets all my needs. This forum is a great way for me to educate myself more. Good luck on getting it all together.

#19     May 26, 2004
  10. SellShort

SellShort

To nick b, thanks for the info. :)

#20     May 27, 2004