Analysis of Christopher Hitchen's argument against God

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, Feb 10, 2011.

1. I note your opinion and file it in the necessary refuse dump...

#21     Feb 11, 2011
  2. So you feel condescended to...oh my, that's gotta hurt...

#22     Feb 11, 2011
  3. jem

jem

it is odd stu gets all worked up, when he has admitted on ET he knows there is a possibility there is a Creator.

Its funny how stu pops in and then all those apparent sock puppets follow.

like tweddle dee and tweedle dumb.

#23     Feb 11, 2011
  4. I spoke the words, but you implied them. We know you believe in a god from previous posts. Believers tend to claim god's existence by arguing against the big bang theory. You can't refute the mathematics behind the big bang theory without questioning the mathematics behind creationism is my point.

For the record, I've never ran around screaming there is no god. I simply enjoy pointing out the hypocrisy that most believers demonstrate when arguing their point.

#24     Feb 11, 2011
  5. jem, it is also possible that the Buffalo Bills will win the Super Bowl next year. However, the odds of this being true are slim to none. I think of the existence of god in the same way. Sure, it is possible that there is some magical being in the sky that hears and sees all of our thoughts and actions, and it's possible that I will go to a terrible place called hell for not believing in this magical person. But I think the odds of this are low enough that I don't need to spend my life worshiping this fellow.

#25     Feb 11, 2011
  6. stu, you have a beautiful mind. keep em real!
    -signed killthesunshine :cool:

#26     Feb 11, 2011
  7. So your concept of God is that of a "magical being in the sky that hears and sees all of our thoughts and actions."

Really?

How did you arrive at that concept of God?

#27     Feb 11, 2011
  8. My observation is that you and stu both get worked up on these issues...

Both indicative of a strong emotionally invested faith in each respective position...

#28     Feb 11, 2011
  9. in case you havn't noticed the whole world is "worked up" on this issue and has been for quite some time.

thank god we have rational thinkers like stu, there's hope for humanity

#29     Feb 11, 2011
  10. So your read of stu is that he is free from his own emotions in his "reasoning?"

He is worked up by your own admission...and that spells emotion...

#30     Feb 11, 2011