Analysis by Dr. Joseph Mercola - Why Social Distancing Should Not Be the New Normal

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by easymon1, Jun 26, 2020.

1. easymon1

easymon1

inverse correlation.jpg

#11     Jun 27, 2020
  2. Sig

Sig

Were the dead people really dead, or were those false positives? Oh, we just had an extra 120,000 people die over the past 4 months, but it wasn't from COVID, could have been just the common cold right? I

I can see from your response that you have lost your last tether to reality and anything that doesn't comport to your worldview can be explained away no matter how convoluted and idiotic the explanation. 'd love to see the New England Journal of Medicine published study that shows even a hint of what you're alleging above. Certainly after demanding source evidence from me, which I provided, the least you could do is provide some of your own from a peer reviewed study in a reputable journal? If not, then we live in different universes and I at this point you're not the kind of person who is capable of an intellectually honest discussion.

#12     Jun 27, 2020
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  3. Sig

Sig

I've seen them all engage in it, perhaps not to the same extent but definitely there. One example that isn't the most egregious but that always gets my attention based on the fact I know a lot about it is purposely comparing MW of nameplate capacity of renewables like wind and solar with baseload plants like nuclear and coal as if they're equivalent. Because wind and solar generally have sub 25% capacity factors, and baseload plants often greater than 90%, it generally takes at least 4X the nameplate of solar/wind to generate the same amount (in MWH) of electricity as a baseload plant, so a 1 GW solar plant is about equal to a sub 250 MW coal plant. I've seen a number of articles by people I know know better making apples to apples comparisons between the two when comparing installed capacities, number of households a project can power, or talking about the viability of replacing fossil fuel with renewables. Makes me mad and I always call them out on it, but ever only had one author reply. Perhaps not as bad as the Fox articles that purposely use 2010 solar pricing to argue it's too expensive and trot out completely bogus intermittency arguments, but they know better and they're not being honest and that needs to be called out no matter who's doing it.

#13     Jun 27, 2020
    Frederick Foresight likes this.
  4. easymon1

easymon1

why the judging?

looks like the florida death numbers are declining. Am i viewing that chart differently than you?
    delete frdr.jpg
    -

These questions that were asked are reasonable.

are all tests done with the same diagnostic kit type?

what is tested for, corona or the covid-19 sub-strain branch of the corona tree? corona is the common cold, after all.
    - along these lines - for how long after exposure / infection will the subject test positive?

Have the stats remained constant for positive vs positive with symptoms?

What is the false positive rate?

no need to be unfriendly, sir.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2020
    #14     Jun 27, 2020
  5. Sig

Sig

Not unfriendly, I'm simply asking you to provide the same thing you asked me to provide. You appear to be alleging that the COVID numbers are not accurate. That would be laughable when it comes to the 120,000+ dead people if all of those loved one's who've died were a laughing matter. Same with hospitalizations, also an easy number for you to verify with source data. You appear to be arguing that although the state's that now have an accelerating percentage of positive tests per test given, hospitalizations, and deaths were by and large the same states that didn't impose social distancing restrictions and generally held your view that COVID isn't something we should take any action against....that can all be explained away by the possibility that just those states all switched to a different type of test which had more false positives than the tests both they were using before and other states are still using, and COVID started remaining in subject's bodies longer? With absolutely nothing to support that except your learned opinion? Again, that's a desperately tortured attempt to explain away something that doesn't comport with your worldview, and provides strong evidence you are completely unwilling to EVER change your worldview no matter the evidence.

I'll repeat that, unlike you, if you can provide a peer reviewed article in a reputable journal that shows the people dying and being hospitalized are the result of a strain of the common cold being incorrectly picked up at a higher rate in COVID tests now than before I'll be not only happy to read it, I almost certainly would have read it already. Something I note you've been completely unable to do despite being asked repeatedly and despite hypocritically demanding that level of support from me. If you could provide some peer reviewed support for anything you've said it would be shocking. Until then, you're actively pushing for a course of action that will unnecessarily kill thousands if not tens of thousands of people based on essentially nothing more than a completely improbably set of circumstances for which you have zero evidence. If you think I'm unfriendly to that then hell yeah I am, as would any intelligent, well meaning human would be!

#15     Jun 27, 2020
  6. easymon1

easymon1

no need to read anything into what you think is being said.

These questions that were asked are clear.

are all tests done with the same diagnostic kit type?

what is tested for, corona or the covid-19 sub-strain branch of the corona tree? corona is the common cold, after all.
    - along these lines - for how long after exposure / infection will the subject test positive?

#16     Jun 27, 2020
  7. Sig

Sig

First as I've carefully explained those questions are irrelevant. Were the tests all done at the same time of the day? Was the phase of the moon the same for all the tests? Were the tests done by male or female technicians? All similarly irrelevant questions when faced with an accelerating number of dead and hospitalized people.
    Second, unless you're grossly hypocritical, if you think those questions are relevant and the issues they raise are real its up to you to provide evidence for both. Just like you demanded from me and I provided. Something you have been utterly and completely unable to do, which clearly at this point is because you can't.

#17     Jun 27, 2020
  8. easymon1

easymon1

you are wrong, sir.

were are all tests done with the same diagnostic kit type?

#18     Jun 27, 2020
  9. Pekelo

Pekelo

OP was hodge podge of good and bad ideas. For example Mercola treats social distancing and lock down as the same, when it is either/or. Obviously in a lockdown you don't need/can't social distance, and the whole point of social distancing is to not have a lockdown.

Right now we have raising case numbers because people are unmasked and not social distancing. As long as these are young healthy ones (yeah right, in America) it is less of a problem. There will be a nice thinning of the herd/stupid, probably God's will.

#19     Jun 28, 2020
  10. Sig

Sig

"You are wrong" followed by repeating what I've already debunked repeatedly. Not an intellectual giant here I see.

#20     Jun 28, 2020