Anabolic Steroid With Big Diet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by terepharmacy, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Ronnie is sickly big and conditioned. Veins larger than peoples arms. The only thing David Henry can endorse is the Nogales Arizona border crossing, as this is where he get his real "supplements"

#71     Aug 25, 2006
  2. Ronnie gets ripped in that Texas heat. 4 weeks out from the Olympia, expect him to be at his all time craziest if you go. "get with it" "Lets do dis" There can only be ONE.

#72     Aug 25, 2006
  3. :D

2 funny

#73     Aug 25, 2006
  4. Hardcore bodybuilding has little to nothing to do with health.

I have lifted seriously for twenty years and have never taken anything stronger than creatine. I lift for health reasons and because I want to look my best, too. Lilke most who go to a gym.

I cannot speak for others, nor would I want to. Egomaniacs and meatheads are in all professions.

#74     Aug 25, 2006
  5. I used to read Muscle & Fitness until my early 30s. I don't know how it is now, but then I used to see articles regularly on the "new" way to do dumbbell curls or shoulder presses or whatever. It is interesting that interviewees would talk about their latest routine or dietary regimen. But no one would ever talk about the 800-pound gorilla in the room. (And I'm not talking about the interviewee.) Steroids, if ever, were only mentioned in the 3rd person. Meanwhile, every second page was an ad for one supplement or another. I think that's interesting. It's a bit like Ivan Boesky talking about the "new" way to use an old indicator. The analogy may not be perfect, but the bullshit smells the same.

#75     Aug 25, 2006
  6. This is for endurance athletes.

This study shows that endurance athletes, not sedentary people, need more protein than the RDA.

If an endurance athlete needs more protein than the RDA, doesnt it make logical sense that a STRENGTH athlete would need even more?

Runners are endurance athletes and are little twigs. Look at the muscle a pro body builder carries, and its easy to see why they may need more protein than an endurance athlete ;-)

#76     Aug 25, 2006
  7. I don't know. How much more? 4 or 5 times more?! That's what some bodybuilding "experts" would have you believe. However, I do know, from what I have read, that excessive consumption of protein can induce fatigue as well as cause liver and kidney damage. It also depletes the body of calcium. I guess everyone has to make their own call, eh?

#77     Aug 25, 2006
  8. The Weider mags are infomercials for the bodybuilders under contract, for Weider contests, and for Weider products. I have no problem with marketing, but it is easy for the reader to think that you too can get Ronnie Coleman's shoulders or Jay Cutler's chest if you do this routine and buy this product.

Fact is, pro bodybuilders don't get to be pros without (1) the right genes; and (2) drugs. Hard work and nutrition are pivotal, but they are not nearly as important. The casual reader of M&F (or just about any bb mag out there) would not necessarily get that impression.

#78     Aug 25, 2006
  9. Agreed.

#79     Aug 25, 2006
  10. The kidney damage stuff is a myth. You hear the anti-protein guys use that all the time but they cant back it up with a single study.

Ive seen studies that show protein is bad for your liver/kidneys, but this is for people who have diseased liver/kidneys. Hardly applicable.

4-5X the RDA? Nah. Maybe if you are a steroid freak. But my research shows the RDA is too low for athletes.

Check my next post.

#80     Aug 25, 2006