Anabolic Steroid With Big Diet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by terepharmacy, Aug 25, 2006.

1. A 2006 study.

Department of Nutritional Sciences, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT 06269, USA.

"protein intake approximating the current recommended dietary allowance was not sufficient to achieve nitrogen balance in the endurance-trained males in this investigation. Our results suggest that a protein intake of 1.2 g/kg or 10% of total energy intake is needed to achieve a positive nitrogen balance. This is not a concern for most endurance athletes who routinely consume protein at or above this level."

Source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/...uids=16546481&query_hl=10&itool=pubmed_DocSum
    Metabolism. 2006 Apr;55(4):501-7.Click here to read
    -------------------------

The RDA is for sedentary fat asses :)

#61     Aug 25, 2006
  2. What should we ask him. Have him change his name to lard butt, does he even lift, he looks like doggcrap. All he does is peddle protein powder, pathetic. Ronnie Coleman is the best out there, lets ask him.

#62     Aug 25, 2006
  3. Sport, you started the BS about not progressing in your earlier post. You began the pissing contest. I don't need proof that you're squating 4-hundo. It's not significant enough to require proof. I have done more than 600 on squat, but don't work with anywhere near that weight due to a shattered ankle and the orthopedic implants. I was >250 at the time, however.

#63     Aug 25, 2006
  4. Interesting. You will note that the suggested protein intake of 1.2 grams per kilogram of bodyweight is a FAR cry from the 2 to 3 grams per lean pound of bodyweight as espoused by EqtTrdr on page 5 of this thread. And in all candor, even I consume more than 1.2g/kg, and I'm just a weekend warrior.

#64     Aug 25, 2006
  5. DC's method is bunk as far as I can tell. I know many that have ran the modified pause/rest stuff and lost strength. Same goes for the high-rep Poliquin garbage.

Ronnie is endorsed by Beverly Nutrition. He goes through a 5lb tub of protein a week.

Everyone wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy-ass weights!"

#65     Aug 25, 2006
  6. #66     Aug 25, 2006
  7. I guess that would be Dave Henry's opinion, correct? Possibly, but Dave Henry pushes Muscletech garbage. You think he got big on DC and ingesting that Musceltech creatine?

FWIW, I was referring to ppl I know that lost strength on DC methods. Perhaps it's good for hypertrophy, I simply don't know.

#67     Aug 25, 2006
  8. ".... woooo.. light weight baby"

"nuttin but a peanut"

Ronnie has some great videos!!

I am so tempted to drive up to Arlington and visit MetroFlex and workout for a day....:D

#68     Aug 25, 2006

9. You're right.. I agree with your statements.

I myself am inclined to believe and follow more of a Vince Gironda nutritional style. The main theory being "It's not how much protein you INGEST it's how much you DIGEST" that makes the difference..

WestonPrice has some great articles as well on "old school" nutrition.

I can't wait for Randy Roach's book to come out as well.

#69     Aug 25, 2006
  10. Ronnie was at the Arnold in '05. He obviously didn't compete, but he walked into the venue in this pimp-suit. He looked literally 5-feet wide at the shoulder.

#70     Aug 25, 2006