Anabolic Steroid With Big Diet

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by terepharmacy, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Go to any of the bodybuilding boards and they will disagree with everyone here......

2GM OF PROTEIN PER POUND OF LBM IS THE ONLY WAY TO GET ANY SIZE. IF YOU TO BE A RIPPED 150LBS THEN YOU DON'T NEED EXCESS PROTEIN. IF YOU WANT TO BE 250LB MASS MONSTER YOU NEED 500GMS OF PROTEIN A DAY...

Please search all the threads on these formums posted by competitors in the sport of bodybuilding..

www.professionalmuscle.com

www.anabolex.com

http://67.18.108.244/

http://www.musclemayhem.com/forums/

http://www.intensemuscle.com/

EVERYONE OF THE PRO LEVEL BODYBUILDERS will tell you to eat 2gms/lb of protein even if you are 100% natural.

just search the diets....

#11     Aug 25, 2006
  2. Trader273, your post is way off target.

"So for the sake of argument, let’s say that a person is generating the correct stimulus to create 10lbs of lean mass a year. 10lbs of lean mass is a lot. So that would mean that they need an additional 6,000 calories a YEAR! "

This is totally false. Anyone who thinks they can gain 10lbs of lean muscle with just 6000 calories hasnt a clue how the body works.

Ive done tons of research on this, and have concluded the pro body builders actually know what they are talking about.

They have been guinea pigs for decades and have zero'd in on what really works.

Pro body building is so competitive these days, everyone is looking for an "Edge", much like trading. Many of these guys are ultra scientific with their diets.

They track everything they eat in log books for years. They calc their protein intake, carbs, fat, calories, everything.

They experiment with the ratios, etc, and look for patterns.

The RDA for protien is a mere 63 grams per day. (for a 170lb man). Body builders scoff at this. Doctors scoff at body builders.

Well, who is right?

I dont have the time or inclination to go dig up the research paper right now, but some of the latest research I read actually backed up the body builders and showed that they were much closer to the optimum number for building muscle in athletes. I believe the 1.4 grams of protein per lb of body weight was very close.

There have been body builders who actually tried using the RDA for a period of 6 months or a year. Just to see who was right. Guess what? They SHRUNK. They lost tons of mass, got skinny, and were pissed. These little experiments proved long ago the RDA is full of shit when it comes to athletes, specifically body builders.

I am a competitive athlete myself, and I can tell you I have experienced the same thing. I supplement with quality protein, and being the scientific backtesting maniac I am, I have tried it both ways. I lose muscle mass when I drop my protein to the RDA recommendation.

Sure, eating tons of protein, above what you are expending will turn to fat. Thats true for all macro-nutrients. But if you are putting the work in , you better make absolutely sure your body has a constant protein source to draw from. This means eating every 3 hours.

Your body can burn protein, fat or carbs for energy. At any given point, your body needs protein to repair muscle. Body builders have simply realized that its better to error on the side of excess and make sure there is always enough protein around for the body to rebuild with. Protein which is not used for rebuilding, is used for energy. If you eat too much, its stored as fat, same as with carbs and fat.

I eat 1.25 grams per lb a day. If I lifted weights, I would eat more protein. I am muscular, 8% body fat, and have a blood profile to die for, so dont anyone give me any triglycerides bullshit, mine are awesome.

"EVERYONE OF THE PRO LEVEL BODYBUILDERS will tell you to eat 2gms/lb of protein even if you are 100% natural.
    just search the diets...."

Correct. The guys on here stating that pro body builders are full of shit, are sorta like traders stating that John Henry knows nothing about trading. The proof is in the pudding, and their accounts dwarf yours in terms of muscle and money :)

#12     Aug 25, 2006
  3. Well if everyone in the world thinks it's necessary then it must be true. People on those message boards probably also believe that the only reason they aren't huge is just because they don't have the latest supplement. But once they do, watch out! The science doesn't back up that claim. Now if these so-called "natural" bodybuilders are taking steriods, that changes the body's chemistry and then it changes the game.

500 grams of protein is 2,000 calories!! People over estimate how many calories the body really needs.

See my previous post about the composition of muscle.

#13     Aug 25, 2006
  4. I just had my third chicken breat, rice, and broccoli meal today, 4 more to go plus my gluatmine infested protein shake before bed time. Damn if I lose that one pound today that I fought so hard to gain I'll be pissed. Oh brother........

#14     Aug 25, 2006
  5. You are right! I guess Mike Mentzer, one of the greatest bodybuilders and pioneers in the industry didnt have a clue what he was talking about. I'll take your word for it.

If you correctly figure out your BMR, why the hell would you need to over compensate by eat mass amounts of protein? Just doesnt make sense.

The body doesnt easily start using protein as energy either. So to simply state that the body will just burn the excess protein is a HUGE assumption.

I will agree that PROFESSIONAL bodybuilders can and do need that much protein. Why?? because of all the steriods and HgH that they are on. Dont feed my BS buy saying they are natural. Steroids increase protein synthesis in the body. So comparing a professional bodybuilder to that of joe-workout is not a fair comparison.

What's next, you going to try to tell me that a person gets bigger in the gym:eek:

#15     Aug 25, 2006

6. Bullshit. Show me a quote from Mike that claims you can gain 10lbs of lean muscle from a mere 6000 calories.

I CALL.

I agree juiced up pro body builders need more protein for the above reasons, but so do non-juicing athletes. Athletes need more than the RDA, although not as much as juicing pro body buidlers.

The science supports it.
    http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/prot...="bodybuilder protein RDA experimental study"
    This is why I consume 1.25 gram per lb of body weight. I would increase that if I lifted weights or juiced.

#16     Aug 25, 2006

7. Actually, the science does back up the claim that if you lift weights, you need more than the RDA for optimal results.

http://www.abcbodybuilding.com/prot...="bodybuilder protein RDA experimental study"

#17     Aug 25, 2006
  8. My father used to say that the biggest potatoes grew for the stupidest farmers. Look, once you start taking anabolic steroids, your muscles will grow. Much of everything else is rounding error by comparison. If you are taking the stuff and working out, you could probably get by on junk food for a while. Or healthful food. Or the misguided "more is better" crap. Bottom line: if you are a competitive bodybuilder, then you are taking steroids. THAT is what puts you in the game. Otherwise, you would not be competitive. I'm not sure I would assume that people who are unduly abusing their bodies necessarily know what they are doing.

Too much protein creates undue strain on the kidneys and liver, regardless of what Muscle & Fitness has to say. Who are you going to listen to? An overgrown chimp with big potatoes, or the mainstream medical community? I suggest you choose wisely.

As for caloric intake, that is dependent on metabolism, of course, and the level of physical activity. Competitive athletes in serious training have been known to consume 5,000 calories just to maintain their weight. And I am referring to Olympic athletes rather than the relatively more sedentary bodybuilding lifestyle.

#18     Aug 25, 2006
  9. Quote from the studies.
    The RDA is out of date, and doesnt apply to athletes. The science backs this.
    ------------------------------
    Whey protein was given at 1.2 grams per kg of bodyweight
    extra in addition to the participants’ normal diet. It was found that lean tissue
    increased to the greatest extent in the WC group compared to other groups, and that
    the W group gained more lean muscle mass than the placebo. This same trend was
    found in indexes of strength as well.

The above studies indicate that protein requirements for athletes far exceed the daily
    recommended allowance.

In this context a number of reviews have surfaced on
    dietary protein requirements from respected authorities which have ranged form 1.2-
    2.2 grams of protein per kg of bodyweight(Table-1) (Kreider, 1998; Lemon, 1991,
    2000, 2001; Tipton et al., 2004, Batheja, and Stout, 2001, Phillips 2004; Philips,
    Hartman, and Wilkinson 2005).
    Table 1 – Summary of recommendations from 8 review papers on total grams of
    protein per kilogram of bodyweight per day for athletes.
    Kreider, 1998 1.3-1.8 g
    Lemon, 1991 1.2-1.7 g
    Lemon, 2000 1.6-1.8 g
    Lemon, 2001 1.5-2.0 g

#19     Aug 25, 2006
  10. Well, well, well, it looks like the pro body builders were right all along, and it took the science a long time to catch up.

#20     Aug 25, 2006