An update on the 4 large bears...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Port1385, Feb 12, 2009.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Yes we match the length of the times of the great depression and I wouldnt even worry about the g7 meeting, nothing is going to "REVERSE" this world wide problem. Only time will, and when I say time I mean a long, long, long time.

#11     Feb 13, 2009
  2. ===============
    sT3;
    More accurate to call it a new uptrend, or real old bear rally.

As Alan Farley said bulls live above 200 day moving average:cool:

Maybe a bull market in QQQQ,selected commodities;
    DIA still looks like a bear :cool:

#12     Feb 13, 2009
  3. You're just as bad as that idiotic poster, stock_trad3r, but on the inverse.

Instead of continuing to bitch and moan in every thread, why don't you tell us what you're investing in, since you seem to know that shorting this market for the next 10+ years will be profitable.

Maybe you're more into writing 8,000 trash posts on here, rather than making smart investment decisions.

Pfft. You little bitch.

#13     Feb 13, 2009
  4. You are assuming of course that we will be at record highs 13 years later...
    Nikkei is still 70% off its highs and it's been 21 years...

#14     Feb 13, 2009
  5. S2007S

S2007S

Hey if you dont like reading my opinions move on, I dont see you making any opinions on this market, and if you did im sure its not even worth reading. I have been negative since day 1 on these forums, I was posting about this downfall in the economy since 2006, not my fault you have been totally positive through this entire downturn, you can keep thinking as positive as you like, but that wont mean a damn thing when the economy is further into recession and nearing a depression. Sorry you are a permabull like stck trder and other fools on this board. Im sure you have been here since my 1st post, is that your 19th screen name??

#15     Feb 13, 2009
  6. S2007S

S2007S

I am assuming and im making it a very reasonable one, everyone believes this is just your typical bear market in a regular market cycle, they are going to be proven very wrong years from now. People need to understand that this time is different then anytime in history. I dont like to compare the nikkei or hang seng, but their markets have never returned to there highs and its been DECADES. I do believe it will be at least a decade until we return to a normal market environment, we may not see new highs on the spx or dow for 15+ years, look at the nasdaq, topped off around 5000 and nearly 10 years later its not even close to where it was. The nasdaq may take another 30 years to get to 5000. Anyone who thinks the new bull market is just around the corner and new highs just 18-24months away is just foolish. There is no growth in any economy right now to sustain any positive market conditions.

#16     Feb 13, 2009
  7. move this dribble to chat:cool:

#17     Feb 13, 2009
  8. Stocktarder is a valuable asset to ET. The best thing you can do for yourself in life is to learn from some idiots mistakes.....and not make your own in the first place.
    It's like when you were in college and some drunk buddy does some bone shattering stunt while you happily stand back and safely watch and laugh.
    This guy is for real he isn't a troll. The reason for his broken record is because he is so deep in the hole he has to delude himself from reality that there is nothing wrong and that the markets are going to make new highs real soon and he'll get his money back. He's fucked. He lost 70%+ and won't be getting it back. That's what's going on here. Underneath all that is a frightened individual.

Also He makes for a great whipping boy and people ripping him to shreds is quite entertaining.

#18     Feb 13, 2009
  9. I believe the bottom will be at least as long as the shortest bear, but not much longer then the longest.

Even when the market does bottom, that doesnt mean the economy will bottom. Usually unemployment continues to uptick along with other things.

Think about it, was 1935 any better then 1933? It was just as tough.

The bottom will be marked by incredibly shocking scenes. Large company bankruptcies, "Hoovervilles", mass unemployment and general overall misery...

#19     Feb 13, 2009
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Agree, by that time the dow will be off another 15-20% and I will be going 100% in on the long side, that will probably be around DOW 6000.

#20     Feb 13, 2009