an unloved stock with fat yield

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by marketsurfer, Jan 3, 2013.

1. marketsurfer

marketsurfer Sponsor

2. Daring

Daring

Thanks for the short call.

3. marketsurfer

marketsurfer Sponsor

You gonna get squeezed--- SPLS above 14 by March.

4. zdreg

zdreg

nothing wrong with this co although where there is competition they are sometimes overpriced

5. marketsurfer

marketsurfer Sponsor

Are you talking about Walmart as competing? I thought it was interesting that SPLS tried to buy office depot but it was knocked down, so now they are bitter enemies.

6. Here is my input:

I don't think that Staples will be out of business anytime soon but I really don't understand them. I don't understand Best Buy either. I wish I were CEO of Best Buy. I am sure that I could turn around the business in 6 months. The problem is that the CEOs are so disjoint from the company that they manage that you cannot believe it.
    Please answer me: Why Staples should sell salty sticks? Are they in the food business? What is next? Chips? Their laptop price is fine but not that competitive.
    I just saw Best Buy is selling a few dumbbells!!. They are just wasting their space and their selection is not complete either. They also sell chewing gum !!. If I were Best Buy CEO, I would focus on my key business. I would promote 3 items in a month with ridiculously low price. I would force buyers to buy that item because th price and quality is the best. Check out their coffee maker's price. It is ridiculously high. who buys a coffee maker fro them? To be fair, their laptop price is much fair now.

You cannot put a price on these companies because one day a rich billionaire would buy a big stake and if you are short, you will be toast and vice versa.

7. marketsurfer

marketsurfer Sponsor

I buy spring water at staples. Best price anywhere. Must be an add on to salty sticks.

8. JackR

JackR

Possibly they sell a small selection of high use "office supplies" such as salty sticks, coffee, etc., as it is easy for a company to buy that type of thing via an open purchase order and have delivery made via UPS.

Jack

9. marketsurfer

marketsurfer Sponsor

How's the short going? Looks like we nailed this one. :D

http://tinyurl.com/4-yield

10. I agree but I believe they are going off tangent by doing that. Most probably Best Buy also sells dumbbells in case you as a customer have problem moving your heavy items. you can do your workout there :)

#10     Jan 7, 2013