An Observation...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Magna, Oct 4, 2001.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

It's obviously too soon to gauge this with any accuracy, but since the Sept 28 elimination of under 25K daytrading I haven't noticed any loss of volume in the market. In fact, as best as I can tell, it's been just the opposite with volume about equal to, or for the last 2 days, greater than the average. Anybody else read anything into this, as people were foretelling doom and gloom.

2. Cesko

Cesko

People always foretell doom and gloom.

3. I haven't noticed any difference in fill speed, qqq liquidity or anything else. Maybe the 25k accounts added insignificant liquidity after all ?

4. agreed... besides, the 4X margin is great. I can really take great lines of stock, and not worry about not having enough to average my positions.

5. I think the people affected by this rule arent but a tiny pimple on the big fat ass of the market. No offense intended.:D

6. sallyboy

sallyboy Guest

All it took was an injection of volume from the big players as things return back to a normal Fall to make up for any shortfall caused by the under 25K crowd.

7. ddefina

ddefina

I'm sure it took about 1,000 x 100sh people out of the market for a total volume loss per minute of 100,000 shares. Maybe a 1-minute bar for Dell, but spread over 9,000 stocks (LOL).

8. I traded CHKP and AMAT today on top of my NYSE plays. I noticed I didn't get filled with those annoying odds lots of 10 shares here and a share here.

rtharp