An observation regarding all of the negative threads about Obama that are cropping up

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Thunderdog, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Oh, you mean like Hannity & Colmes?

http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Hannity_&_Colmes

http://www.newshounds.us/2008/03/15...s_full_hour_smearing_obama_via_his_pastor.php

#11     Jul 22, 2008
  2. They both have serious problems. The Mac people readily see his problems. The BO people, on the other hand, seem to ignore or explain away absolutely anything negative. Its something that should be studied in depth I believe. Quite amazing.

#12     Jul 22, 2008
  3. Lucrum

Lucrum

BO?

Body odor?
    :D

#13     Jul 22, 2008
  4. Hannity and Colmes has just gotten to be a bully fest, making both guys look bad in my opinion. Chris Mathews I watch, and similar to what was mentioned above about Rush being entertaining, I can smile the Keith Obermans show, most of the time. O'reilly seems to be really bi-polar or schizoid, I actually like him sometimes and then can't figure what the heck he's doing half the time.

I never thought, over the years, that I would find myself in agreement with Pat Buchanan of all people. But, again, he seems to pop side to side on some issues, which I guess is fine.

Listening to someone is fine, following someone's talking points in your own personal life, debate, ET, or whatever is the thing that drives me nuts.

Fox is good for the Simpsons, Family Guy, and all the rest.

CNN is ok, but a bit focused on grandstanding for ratings I think.

3 basic networks, it really depends on the show in my opinion.

c

#14     Jul 22, 2008
  5. jem

jem

buchanan or however you say his name is one of the few guys who provides analysis instead of their talking points.

I keep tuning in - because I really want to learn more about BO and whats going on - and I keep hearing the same old tired pre spun junk from most of these guys.

Chris Matthews seems to be aware of the problem and at least probes for more depth but rarely gets it. Then he sort of gives up with a smile and moves on.

#15     Jul 22, 2008

6. H&C is very fair about giving equal time. Guests are also ideologically balanced. Compare to any other cable or network show, where invariably the host is liberal and at most one of the panel is conservative.

Most of the major cable shows do not allow even one conservative on, eg Olberman, Matthews, King, Blitzer Ditto for the Sunday morning shows, with the exception of George Will. When you leave Fox, the viewpoints range all the way from A to B.

#16     Jul 22, 2008
  7. Hannity is not a liar and a bully.

Colmes holds his own on the show.

Up is down.

Fair and balanced.

#17     Jul 22, 2008
  8. Barak Obama. Just get tired of spelling out the entire thing over and over.

#18     Jul 22, 2008
  9. Just like you.
    :)

#19     Jul 22, 2008
  10. Clearly, you have put a lot of thought into your name, and you chose well.

#20     Jul 22, 2008